• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some random Stude questions.

Attached Files
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Junior,
    As to Question # 2, I'm not sure about Champions, but my '54 Commander had little chrome buttons filling the holes for unused switches. The locations were there and marked, but the holes were plugged.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Question 2, right, the Commander had six holes, fog lights on the left, starter (automatic) on the right. If not used these had either chrome or stainless buttons in them.

Question 3. There are shims between steering column and dash, can be added to or removed to lower or raise the position of the the steering wheel.
      Last edited by Tom Bredehoft; 02-18-2012, 08:24 AM. Reason: Correct typo

Comment

PM sent.
        Rob

Comment

Good Morning Junior
          Do you have cabin fever out there or what???
          Sounds like you are running out of things to read.
          You should go to www.blossomrun.com
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Just info, no knowledge. My car was shipped to Kansas and has an oil-bath air cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
              Good Morning Junior
              Do you have cabin fever out there or what???
              Sounds like you are running out of things to read.
              You should go to www.blossomrun.com
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Hey Brian, ya I guess it sounds like I'm running out of things to read, but not really. I read the manual when I found it because I needed to get upright because the blood was running to my head from trying to run some wires underneath the dash board...the only way I could grab the stereo harness and pull the stereo out of the glove compartment was to lay on the passenger seat with the backrest reclined with my feet in the air and my head in the foot well. Not even close to getting cabin fever this year, weird and mild winter for the most part letting me get out to the garage and get some work done. Heard Kelowna got a whack of snow this week...is that true? Regards, Junior.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                Just info, no knowledge. My car was shipped to Kansas and has an oil-bath air cleaner.
                'bout that air cleaner thing, it just seems odd for a maufacturer to offer two different styles, and the manual stated that the oil bath style was destined for dusty conditions....this Champion was a Canadian model (I think)...perhaps all Canadian Champions had the oil bath style? regards, Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Quite a few of the Canadian cars would have had oil bath air cleaners.

Perhaps some of you guys would know what percent of Canada's roads were paved in and by 1953. I'll bet it wasn't all that high, and they would have shipped oil-bath-air cleaner cars to most provinces with a high percentage of unpaved roads.

The percentage and what provinces would be anyone's guess unless you can locate something definitive. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                  X