62 Hawk in Sanfrancisco Bay area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk in Sanfrancisco Bay area

Searching for a Studebaker and saw this one. Looks like a good buy ,but too far from Ohio for me . hope someone latches onto it. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2824142768.html
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

It looks like a nice car for the money. I would like to see the interior (especially since it is a 1962). I wonder if it runs or is seized.
    It has a modern air conditioning compressor/system.
    Before Bob P. chimes in - It is not only missing the battery hold down but it has a 24F battery, with the terminals on the wrong side, making shorting even easier.

EDIT: I just scrolled down and saw the fifth and sixth pictures. They show an after-market A/C system and nice cloth seat inserts along with a full dash.
    Last edited by studegary; 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the BHD (Battery Hold Down, not Big Hairy Deal) assist, Gary. It does look frightening with the battery loose and the posts so close to the underside of the hood's edge. People just don't realize....!

An interesting note is the fifth picture down, of the interior. With the steering wheel being oval and positioned as it is, and with the camera lens distortion being just right, it looks like the car has a tilt wheel and the wheel is tilted a notch or two above straight back!

'Just an optical illusion, though. Nice car. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM.
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A lot of potential, it is probably pretty rust free if it spent 22 years on the road in Cali, then in storage. Looks like someone removed the emblems and chevrons when it was painted....

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
          A lot of potential, it is probably pretty rust free if it spent 22 years on the road in Cali, then in storage. Looks like someone removed the emblems and chevrons when it was painted....
          What chevrons on a 1962?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X