Production Order Question 1961 Lark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order Question 1961 Lark VI

I have a question about an item on my 1961 Lark VI Deluxe two door sedan's Production Order. It only has a few options- Deluxe steering wheel, flightomatic and climatizer. There is another entry- 80B 1339741 F. It looks like a part number but I couldn't find it in either the chassis parts or body parts manuals. My only guess would be stainless windshield and rear window mouldings as it has them in place. I'm thinking the "F" would designate something specific to the two door sedan? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Quentin

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
    I have a question about an item on my 1961 Lark VI Deluxe two door sedan's Production Order. It only has a few options- Deluxe steering wheel, flightomatic and climatizer. There is another entry- 80B 1339741 F. It looks like a part number but I couldn't find it in either the chassis parts or body parts manuals. My only guess would be stainless windshield and rear window mouldings as it has them in place. I'm thinking the "F" would designate something specific to the two door sedan? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Quentin
    That kit consisted of a rear ash tray, extra sun visor, stainless steel windshield and rear window reveal mouldings. The cost for the kit was $41.02.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. It does have that ashtray and extra visor, too. Loaded! Quentin

Comment

Yep, the "Regal Kit" that was only available on the F-body, and it only came in the 'Deluxe' (F4) series.

Craig

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. It does have that ashtray and extra visor, too. Loaded! Quentin
          Addendum. Beginning on Dec 30, 1960 the kit listed as 80B also included the foam pad for the front seat cushion and the automatic dome light switch. Your car should have both.

Also thought you might like to see an original window price sticker for the '61 Lark Six (below). I have been replicating these filled out to the owners specifications for over 15 years. For further information see my website at: http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/wi...ndow_price.htm Price is $40 plus $2 postage.

Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Yep, the "Regal Kit" that was only available on the F-body, and it only came in the 'Deluxe' (F4) series.

Craig
            Craig; Actually there was a similar kit available for all W4, D4 and P4 bodies. The only difference was in the part number and price.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Craig; Actually there was a similar kit available for all W4, D4 and P4 bodies. The only difference was in the part number and price.
              Thanks, Richard. I have seen a number of early Lark F-bodies with the Regal Kit, but never really checked other body styles to check. Not to mention, one could also 'cherry pick' and select only one or two options only instead of the complete Kit. Here is a build sheet from a 1960 F-body with the Regal Kit.

Craig

Comment

Very interesting material. I always thought that the dual headlights were part of the Regal package. Mine has the single lamps. Thanks again! Quentin

Comment

Very interesting material. I always thought that the dual headlights were part of the Regal package. Mine has the single lamps. Thanks again! Quentin
                  I have the same model as you do, however it was ordered with the new for 61 dual headlight package. Did your car come with the outer grille stainless? 61s33924 just curious where yours falls on the assembly line Email if you'd rather not post.
                  Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                    I have the same model as you do, however it was ordered with the new for 61 dual headlight package. Did your car come with the outer grille stainless? 61s33924 just curious where yours falls on the assembly line Email if you'd rather not post.
                    No Deluxes were SUPPOSED to have the Regal Grille Moulding.

Did a $10.00 bill slipped to a front clip assembly line worker get you one? Maybe!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I seem to recall that some employees got their buddies to install all the accessories as the car went down the line, likely as not on Studebaker not the fellow buying the car.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

No Regal grille moulding on mine. I will have to check on the serial number for you. My copy of the production order doesn't have the number on it since I found it under the rubber floor mat in the back seat! I think that at the point it ended up there, the serial number hadn't been assigned yet. It was mid May production, though. Quentin

Comment

I am amazed at the production order that Craig posted. Compare the date written to the final assembly date!! If it took that long to build the car then I wonder how long to ship it!
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Here is the serial number- 61S-31822 Actually was early May production as it was to ship 5/05/61. The order was written 4/26/61. She was delivered to Fall River, Mass. Ermine with blue vinyl interior. Hope this helps. Quentin

Comment

Here is the serial number- 61S-31822 Actually was early May production as it was to ship 5/05/61. The order was written 4/26/61. She was delivered to Fall River, Mass. Ermine with blue vinyl interior. Hope this helps. Quentin
                              Thanks, we're roughly 2100 apart, my cars written order date was 5/11 and had a final assembly date of 5-18-61 then delivered 5-22-61. Pretty busy month.
                              Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 02-26-2012, 10:53 PM.
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X