Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many square lite 64's with solid turquoise interiors out there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many square lite 64's with solid turquoise interiors out there??

The first Avanti I ever drove was back in or around 1970. It was in NJ while visiting my parents as my dad was transferred there. The car was a square lite 1964 turquoise with a matching solid turquiose interior, R1 and 4 spd.
    I've seen a lot of 63's with the turquoise and fawn interior but how many of the SOLID turquoise 64 interiors are out there on this forum? And beyond that, how many are turquoise/turquoise? How many still have the original uph still in the car?
    Is it possible the car I first drove still exists??

I know of one in Georgia....but it's an R3
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I own #5051 which is Turquoise/ Turquoise. Bought new in New Jersey , moved to California with it in 1965 and it is still in my garage. I also own #5487 which was a turquoise / turquoise when it left the factory , but is now black with tan.

Bob Caser
      mrbobinc

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
        What, Nels; you don't own it? <GGG> BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Mine is is turquoise/turquoise - R-1 Powershift with A/C, s/n R-5033. All original interior except for the NOS front seat covers and repro headliner.

Russ Farris
          1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
          1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Try BP or George krem as they compiled the Avanti data booklet - all you'd ever wish to know I believe.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              What, Nels; you don't own it? <GGG> BP
              Bob, I never have owned that combo. When I was a young teenager a didn't like the color at all but after sitting in one and driving it, I really like the looks. The car in NJ was for sale back then for $2k from the original owner and could have been bought for less. I didn't have that much to spend and it never dawned on me that my dad was willing to loan me what I needed until later when it was too late.
              So far the post has uncovered three. I doubt if any are for sale and not sure if I'm ready to buy one but I'm sure I would consider it if the opportunity came along.

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                The first Avanti I ever drove was back in or around 1970. It was in NJ while visiting my parents as my dad was transferred there. The car was a square lite 1964 turquoise with a matching solid turquiose interior, R1 and 4 spd.
                I've seen a lot of 63's with the turquoise and fawn interior but how many of the SOLID turquoise 64 interiors are out there on this forum? And beyond that, how many are turquoise/turquoise? How many still have the original uph still in the car?
                In '69 or '70 I bought a wrecked transition '64 (round headlights, but '64 trim otherwise, R48xx) for parts in Berkeley, CA. It was factory turquoise with an all turquoise interior. Paid $150 for it- had a 1500 mile short block and Powershift.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I looked at a round headlight 64 yesterday for sale up here in WA state. Turquoise/turquoise 4 speed. Harvey

Comment

I know I'm off topic here, but another combo that I never thought about till I saw it in person, and then saw how nice it looked, was a '64 square light model painted Avanti White with the solid
                    'Claret' interior with wood trim features. Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by gs-xnr View Post
                      I looked at a round headlight 64 yesterday for sale up here in WA state. Turquoise/turquoise 4 speed. Harvey
                      Was this one a solid turquoise interior?

Comment

Yes, solid turquoise, number 4911 with round headlight housings.

Comment

Originally posted by gs-xnr View Post
                          Yes, solid turquoise, number 4911 with round headlight housings.
                          That is unusual. Are you interested in it? If not I would be interested in checking it out.

Comment

Mo I'm passing on it.the owner is set on 19000. I offered 14,000. Seller has owned for 40 years. Claims its an R2 but no evidence. It has an R1 engine. The car needs lots of cosmetics. Carpets, dash pad, paint needs wet sanding and polishing. It is new paint but not the best job. (the owner thinks differently) there is a thread from last fall in which studerich commented on the car. I believe supercharged is the person who started the thread. I have the owners phone number if wanted.

Comment

I don't blame you for passing on it. It sounds like 19K is strong for that car with your brief description. I would like to find an original car or close to it. Old repaints don't bother me but new repaints that are not the exact match or are done with base coat clear do bother me. I would rather have one with orig uph even if it needs some repair or maybe the front seats redone. I'm probably an odd buyer with this type of thing but some people seem to waste a lot of money trying to make something look good to them when all it means to others is more work and actually detracts from the value. The 64 round light you looked at appears to fall in that catagory.

Comment

Working...
                              X