6 cyl Cranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 cyl Cranks

There seems to be a lot of different oppinions as to the different cranks that were used by Studebaker in the 39 to 64 170/185 CI 6's. I know the different main sizes, that is obvious, but in discussions with Bill Cathcart and some other 6 authorities, and in studying the Stude parts books, there seems to be a strong indication and oppinion that the full flow mid year 63 and full year 64 cranks were a fully balanced crank unlike their predicessors. In reading some Stude engneering data I came across, it seems that the Stude group did this to eliminate some harmonics that in their oppinion were causing early part failure (hard to believe in a Stude) Regardless, I am looking for at least 2 of these cranks, one for my rodded 50 Champ flathead, and one for my Bonneville race car. Any thoughts, oppinions or available parts would be appriciated.
    Ben Keith
    3RT Racing Team
    See ya at Speed Week!!!
    206 932 6602
    888 815 3727

Ben

bekglm1@aol.com
    SIAR/ Special Interest Autos and Restorations
    59 Canadian Lark 2 door 63 full flow 6 cyl 3 OD
    59 Silver Hawk 289 4 bbl 3 OD
    62 Lark Wagon 335 hp 4 bolt small block GM/built THM 350/Versilles RE w/discs
    62 Lark Cruiser 259 auto, TT
    62 Daytona 289 4 bbl PS Auto, TT
    55 President 289 4B PS PB
    54 Commander
    56 Flight Hawk
    53 Champion
    53 Champ R6 Bonneville Race Car "MAYA" Raymond's Revenge Racing Team (3RT Racing)
Working...
X