STUDEBAKER BILLBOARDS IN NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUDEBAKER BILLBOARDS IN NYC

Just came back from NYC, on our way down we drove down Park Avenue, alongside the New York Central-New Haven tracks leading towards Grand Central. From 112th street to 109th street they built markets in the 1950's under the structure.

By chance we stumbled upon these signs which are each basically a block long.

I apologize for the quaulity as they were taken by my cell phone camera.

thats neat i wish my town had something like that to snap.

62 Lark Hardtop, 289 v8 stude power.

Comment

Comment

Be careful what you wish for........the bondomeister failed to disclose that the area is one in which you would not want to walk through....plenty of drugs, crack, continue to be sold on the streets...this area is known as east Harlem....aka 'no-mans land'

quote:Originally posted by th12t33n

Comment

Be careful what you wish for........the bondomeister failed to disclose that the area is one in which you would not want to walk through....plenty of drugs, crack, continue to be sold on the streets...this area is known as east Harlem....aka 'no-mans land'

quote:Originally posted by th12t33n

Comment

It WAS like that, as decribed as above, but now that area is being "gentrified". All the old townhouses are now being gutted and made into new private upper income housing. A fellow Manhattan Chapter Member just bought a townhouse on 114th st. There are now outdoor cafes, upscale clothing shops............ an eye-opener.

BG

Comment

It WAS like that, as decribed as above, but now that area is being "gentrified". All the old townhouses are now being gutted and made into new private upper income housing. A fellow Manhattan Chapter Member just bought a townhouse on 114th st. There are now outdoor cafes, upscale clothing shops............ an eye-opener.

BG

Comment

Yea,

Till some scumbag shoves a shiv in your side before he takes your money.....no thanks.....tell ya what.....ya think it's safe?....leave that fancy two tone Hawk of yours on the street, and go for a stroll.........after dark....yea .....safe my arz!!!

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

BG

Comment

Yea,

Till some scumbag shoves a shiv in your side before he takes your money.....no thanks.....tell ya what.....ya think it's safe?....leave that fancy two tone Hawk of yours on the street, and go for a stroll.........after dark....yea .....safe my arz!!!

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

BG

Comment

quote:Yea,

Really? And which part of New York (Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Terre Haute, Chicago, etc...) isn't like that????

There was a truck on e-bay like that not too long ago. Thanks for the shot.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Really? And which part of New York (Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Terre Haute, Chicago, etc...) isn't like that????

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

WOW! That's a lot of Bull!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

WOW! That's a lot of Bull!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Yea and?

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Lotsa Larks!
                            Ron Smith

Comment

Yea and?

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X