X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Made Studebaker Plant Movie

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

WHERE did you find THAT????!!!! Very cool!

The latest model car I saw looks like a '75 Matador. Do you know when this was made?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The film showed Nate Altman's Packard so it must have been made before he passed away in 1976. There was a '73-'74 Oldsmobile visible. It must have been done in the '73 to early '76 time period.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

That reminds me of during the meet in South Bend, I think in 1972.
        I took a tour of the Avanti factory.
        Someplace I have pictures from inside.
        The main thing that I remember is one Avanti that was almost complete.
        It was bright Orange paint with an orange interior, seats carpet the works.
        I asked who would order that and was told it was for a women that wanted to find her car easily in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 37CoupeE View Post
          That reminds me of during the meet in South Bend, I think in 1972.
          I took a tour of the Avanti factory.
          Someplace I have pictures from inside.
          The main thing that I remember is one Avanti that was almost complete.
          It was bright Orange paint with an orange interior, seats carpet the works.
          I asked who would order that and was told it was for a women that wanted to find her car easily in the parking lot.
          That makes one wonder where some of those unique Avantis are today...does Julius Irving's (Dr. J) white on white Avanti with modified seats for his height still survive? Avanti Motors made one car that the buyer supplied a slab of marble for the dash inlay and console...has it survived? One great thing about Avanti under Nate Altman was the degree they would go to individualize a car to please a buyer.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Neat video. I think that footage is also on a video tape I bought from someone on ebay a few years back.

Comment

Hey, a "blast from the past"!
              Wondering about where Avantis are... what happened to the two that Sonny & Cher ordered, I think they had shag carpeting in them when they left South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                Hey, a "blast from the past"!
                Wondering about where Avantis are... what happened to the two that Sonny & Cher ordered, I think they had shag carpeting in them when they left South Bend.
                According to the build sheet, my '70 had shag carpeting but it wasn't for Sonny or Cher. It listed John Seaton as the buyer...who later restarted Avanti Motors and sold it to Mike Kelly around 2000-2001.

John Seaton owned and sold over fifty Avantis over the years so that doesn't make mine anything special.

Comment

Working...
                X