1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer Reprints Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer Reprints Available

Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

Scroll down to Dick Quinn's Post #33 in this topic to see the mailer:

The full size of the unfolded mailer is 11 X 17. It was originally designed to be folded twice, to 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, for mailing, and will be folded like that when mailed to you. It will be mailed in a 6X9 envelope (a Plain Brown Wrapper) for discreetness. (Valentine's Day is coming up, you know; wouldn't this be a romantic surprise for your lady friend...or boyfriend?)

I just dropped off the original at our local full-service (not quickie) printer to have them redone exactly as original; two sides, three color (black-white-red).

If you'd like to have one, I'm having 51 copies printed, the lowest number for a 51-250 quantity price break. When they're gone, they're gone; I don't anticipate demand beyond that quantity.

Price is $4 each, or 3 for $10. That includes First-Class U.S. Postage to any United States address. Price to Canada (they will still be mailed First Class) is $5 each or 3 for $12. (The multiple-copy price requires that all go to the same address at the same time.)

I don't have a PayPal account, so just send cash, check, or money order with quantity wanted to:

Bob Palma
    309 S. Jefferson St.
    Brownsburg IN 46112-1308

If you mail your order immediately, I'd already have it when I pick them up, which is supposed to be Friday, February 10. (She said I may even have them a day earlier; they weren't that busy.)

As I posted in that thread, I have reason to believe this is a rare piece. I've had this original (from which the reprints are being made) 50 years, since picking it up at Indianapolis' Snider Auto Service in summer, 1962. For all I know, it was not distributed nationally, although I don't know why it wouldn't have been.

When I showed the mailer to Dick Quinn last year, he said he did not have one and had never seen one! So from that I assume it is rare...I mean, if it's news to Dick Quinn in 2010, it's probably news to 'most everybody! <GGG>

Well, off to install a larger mailbox in anticipation of many orders. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    For all I know, it was not distributed nationally, although I don't know why it wouldn't have been.
    Then, this would be a candidate for your previous thread here, http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er-Advertising , if this is the case!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Then, this would be a candidate for your previous thread here, http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er-Advertising , if this is the case!! Craig
      Good one, Craig...but I simply have no idea where or how this was distributed.

It does have a form number, 62-67, that would suggest national distribution, AFAIK..

Perhaps it was an item dealers had to buy, and they were reluctant to spend the money on postage to mail them, rather than have them lying around the showroom to be picked up?

'Dunno. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 02-08-2012, 12:27 PM.
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Probably few around who know there was also a '62 Indy pace car bumper sticker. Size 12 X 4 1/2." Probably even more scarce than the folder.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post

Probably few around who know there was also a '62 Indy pace car bumper sticker. Size 12 X 4 1/2." Probably even more scarce than the folder.
          I would imagine the bumper stickers, today, would certainly be rarer than the mailer! Even if they made twice as many bumper stickers, they got put on bumpers and thus "used up." I've never seen one before your post, there, Dick. BP

Comment

Bob, Will have a check in the mail to you for 3 tomorrow. Thanks Stan

Comment

Richard, any chance that you could reproduce the bumper sticker? Thanks Stan H.

Comment

Bob,
                The check is in the mail!!!
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

[QUOTE=BobPalma;618928]Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

S

Price is $4 each, or 3 for $10. That includes First-Class U.S. Postage to any United States address. Price to Canada (they will still be mailed First Class) is $5 each or 3 for $12. (The multiple-copy price requires that all go to the same address at the same time.)

Dear Bob: how much could be to have it mailed to Chile? Thanks in advance

Ricardo Adonis

Comment

Sending a check out in the morning for 3. Thanks, Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricardo;619043]
                      Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

S

Dear Bob: how much could be to have it mailed to Chile? Thanks in advance

Ricardo Adonis
                      Ricardo: 'Happy to oblige, but I have no idea.

Send me your actual mailing address in a PM through the forum. When I go to the Post Office to mail the first batch early next week, I'll simply inquire about the suface mail price to your specific address.

I'll then send you a return PM through the forum and let you know. BP

Comment

Super, sir, sawbuck sent! :-)
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

shipping to Chile

[QUOTE=BobPalma;619090]
                          Originally posted by Ricardo View Post

Ricardo: 'Happy to oblige, but I have no idea.

Send me your actual mailing address in a PM through the forum. When I go to the Post Office to mail the first batch early next week, I'll simply inquire about the suface mail price to your specific address.

I'll then send you a return PM through the forum and let you know. BP
                          Thanks Bob. PM sent

Regards

Ricardo

Comment

Thanks Bob. PM sent

Regards. Ricardo
                            Got it, Ricardo. 'Will be in touch. BP

Comment

Bob,
                              I put a check in the mail today for one.
                              Thank you for doing this.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X