PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer Reprints Available

BobPalma
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

Scroll down to Dick Quinn's Post #33 in this topic to see the mailer:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?58872-1962-Indy-pace-car-(Daytona-convertible).-What-cost-when-new

The full size of the unfolded mailer is 11 X 17. It was originally designed to be folded twice, to 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, for mailing, and will be folded like that when mailed to you. It will be mailed in a 6X9 envelope (a Plain Brown Wrapper) for discreetness. (Valentine's Day is coming up, you know; wouldn't this be a romantic surprise for your lady friend...or boyfriend?)

I just dropped off the original at our local full-service (not quickie) printer to have them redone exactly as original; two sides, three color (black-white-red).

If you'd like to have one, I'm having 51 copies printed, the lowest number for a 51-250 quantity price break. When they're gone, they're gone; I don't anticipate demand beyond that quantity.

Price is $4 each, or 3 for $10. That includes First-Class U.S. Postage to any United States address. Price to Canada (they will still be mailed First Class) is $5 each or 3 for $12. (The multiple-copy price requires that all go to the same address at the same time.)

I don't have a PayPal account, so just send cash, check, or money order with quantity wanted to:

Bob Palma
309 S. Jefferson St.
Brownsburg IN 46112-1308

If you mail your order immediately, I'd already have it when I pick them up, which is supposed to be Friday, February 10. (She said I may even have them a day earlier; they weren't that busy.)

As I posted in that thread, I have reason to believe this is a rare piece. I've had this original (from which the reprints are being made) 50 years, since picking it up at Indianapolis' Snider Auto Service in summer, 1962. For all I know, it was not distributed nationally, although I don't know why it wouldn't have been.

When I showed the mailer to Dick Quinn last year, he said he did not have one and had never seen one! So from that I assume it is rare...I mean, if it's news to Dick Quinn in 2010, it's probably news to 'most everybody! <GGG>

Well, off to install a larger mailbox in anticipation of many orders. BP

8E45E
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
For all I know, it was not distributed nationally, although I don't know why it wouldn't have been.

Then, this would be a candidate for your previous thread here, http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?58230-Some-Region-Specific-Studebaker-Advertising , if this is the case!! :)

Craig

BobPalma
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Then, this would be a candidate for your previous thread here, http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?58230-Some-Region-Specific-Studebaker-Advertising , if this is the case!! :) Craig

Good one, Craig...but I simply have no idea where or how this was distributed.

It does have a form number, 62-67, that would suggest national distribution, AFAIK..

Perhaps it was an item dealers had to buy, and they were reluctant to spend the money on postage to mail them, rather than have them lying around the showroom to be picked up?

'Dunno. BP

Studebaker Wheel
02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/studeq/newsgroup/indy500bumperstkroriginalcopy.jpg?t=1328743801

Probably few around who know there was also a '62 Indy pace car bumper sticker. Size 12 X 4 1/2." Probably even more scarce than the folder.

BobPalma
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/studeq/newsgroup/indy500bumperstkroriginalcopy.jpg?t=1328743801

Probably few around who know there was also a '62 Indy pace car bumper sticker. Size 12 X 4 1/2." Probably even more scarce than the folder.

I would imagine the bumper stickers, today, would certainly be rarer than the mailer! Even if they made twice as many bumper stickers, they got put on bumpers and thus "used up." I've never seen one before your post, there, Dick. BP

62pacer
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Bob, Will have a check in the mail to you for 3 tomorrow. Thanks Stan

62pacer
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Richard, any chance that you could reproduce the bumper sticker? Thanks Stan H.

starliner62
02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Bob,
The check is in the mail!!!

Ricardo
02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=BobPalma;618928]Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

S

Price is $4 each, or 3 for $10. That includes First-Class U.S. Postage to any United States address. Price to Canada (they will still be mailed First Class) is $5 each or 3 for $12. (The multiple-copy price requires that all go to the same address at the same time.)

Dear Bob: how much could be to have it mailed to Chile? Thanks in advance

Ricardo Adonis

Dave Bates
02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Sending a check out in the morning for 3. Thanks, Dave

BobPalma
02-08-2012, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=BobPalma;618928]Enough interest was shown in the following topic, and by PM, regarding the large, 1962 Lark "Pace Car" Mailer that I'm having them reprinted from my original.

S

Dear Bob: how much could be to have it mailed to Chile? Thanks in advance

Ricardo Adonis

Ricardo: 'Happy to oblige, but I have no idea.

Send me your actual mailing address in a PM through the forum. When I go to the Post Office to mail the first batch early next week, I'll simply inquire about the suface mail price to your specific address.

I'll then send you a return PM through the forum and let you know. BP

Bob Andrews
02-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Super, sir, sawbuck sent! :-)

Ricardo
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Ricardo;619043]

Ricardo: 'Happy to oblige, but I have no idea.

Send me your actual mailing address in a PM through the forum. When I go to the Post Office to mail the first batch early next week, I'll simply inquire about the suface mail price to your specific address.

I'll then send you a return PM through the forum and let you know. BP

Thanks Bob. PM sent

Regards

Ricardo

BobPalma
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks Bob. PM sent

Regards. Ricardo

Got it, Ricardo. 'Will be in touch. BP

Gary1953
02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Bob,
I put a check in the mail today for one.
Thank you for doing this.

Bordeaux Daytona
02-10-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm mailing a check this morning for 6. Some are for Ed and Eddie George.
Yes, thank you for having these available!
John V.

Warren Webb
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
My 10 spot is in the box to be mailed!

Deaf Mute
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
More money on the way from Iowa!
Gee, I hope he prints enough of them!

BobPalma
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
More money on the way from Iowa!
Gee, I hope he prints enough of them!

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder, Duane! Half of them are spoken for and that's just from people who've posted to this topic. Others may have simply seen the announcement and are sending orders without posting their intentions.

Well, we'll see. I guess I could have more printed if these 51 go away promptly. BP

Ricardo
03-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Today I received in Santiago de Chile a nice package with the set of reprints. It took only 12 days by regular mail
Nice work Bob.
I recommend , to have this piece of historical Studebilia

BobPalma
03-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Today I received in Santiago de Chile a nice package with the set of reprints. It took only 12 days by regular mail
Nice work Bob.
I recommend, to have this piece of historical Studebilia.

Historical Studebilia? That's a new one, Ricardo.

Hey, 'glad to hear they arrived safely. I suppose 12 days by regular "surface" mail isn't too bad.

Others who may be interested: I paid to have 65 of these reprinted and they actually gave me 66. Of the 66, 18 remain, if anyone is interested. Same prices and terms as above. BP