Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever had their seat covers modified this way??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Has anyone ever had their seat covers modified this way??

Will at Starlight Studebaker has come up with some NOS seat covers for my Lark, but the only problem is that he does not have a split back for the front bench, only the full bench. I talked to a local upholstery shop and he said it shouldn't be a problem to split the seat back and use closely matching material to make the insides of the split portion that you really won't see anyway unless the back is folded forward. I have the old seat covers to give to him for a pattern. This isn't a show car, so I just want it to look decent and I like keeping the original look of the interior, even though it is being hot rodded.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of modification. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dougie; 02-08-2012, 06:22 AM.

To: Dougie,----------That deal makes sense, and I like the 'can do' attitude of Your local upholsterer. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie
      Sorry I misspelled Covers in the tile but I can't out how to change the title.
      Dougie; Corrrections and changes to the Title and deletions of entire posts are both done by clicking the "Go Advanced" button.

That is also how some of us get our emotionicons? and other good stuff.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very simple to do. If you really want the thing to look right, and not just so, so. Buy an extra panel of the same color from Will for your local guy to use to make the modifications.
        Bo

Comment

Why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Working...
          X