Thanks to Mr. Biggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Mr. Biggs

I sent Mr. Biggs a private e-mail, but I'm not sure if he has returned from SB yet to receive it. I just wanted to thank him for being my "surrogate shopper" in SB. He located and did all the necessary questioning/negotiating for a 3 speed OD T-96 trans for my 51 Champion. I have been wanting to upgrade from a 3 speed std. for a long time.

Anyway, I just got a phone call from the local Greyhound terminal and it has arrived. I'll pick it up tomorrow and start work on it this weekend. Just in time, since my recently rebuilt engine just went back in last weekend.

Thanks again for the "above and beyond the call of duty" effort, and he can specify his own terms for compensation for his time & effort. I really appreciate the commraderie and helpfulness I have received both on and off this forum from other members.

Las Vegas, NV
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Hasn't he gotten home yet? He didn't find any parts for me, but I did enjoy meeting him.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hasn't he gotten home yet? He didn't find any parts for me, but I did enjoy meeting him.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks go to Dick S. for snapping this pic while I wasn't around...

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Thanks go to Dick S. for snapping this pic while I wasn't around...

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Matthew,
            I'm pretty sure that was just some octane booster Biggsy was pouring in there!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Matthew,
              I'm pretty sure that was just some octane booster Biggsy was pouring in there!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote: I'm pretty sure that was just some octane booster Biggsy was pouring in there!
                Paul,

You are probably right, just what Biggsy needed to overcome the effects of the prior night.

Gary

Comment

quote: I'm pretty sure that was just some octane booster Biggsy was pouring in there!
                  Paul,

You are probably right, just what Biggsy needed to overcome the effects of the prior night.

Gary

Comment

High Octane indeed! Times TWO no less. Heck - it even said as much right on the container! It said H2O, which I took to mean "High - to the second power - Octane.

I figgered if I was gonna be treated to a ride in that thing, it might's well be a zippy one!

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

High Octane indeed! Times TWO no less. Heck - it even said as much right on the container! It said H2O, which I took to mean "High - to the second power - Octane.

I figgered if I was gonna be treated to a ride in that thing, it might's well be a zippy one!

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

BTW, it was my pleasure to be able to help you, Paul. While there's LOTS of great Stude vendors, Tom Karkeiwicz probably has as varied a selection as anyone. He started buying up Studes and parting them out back when most folks would've questioned one's sanity for doing so. Unlike me, Tom's stuff is all organized and well kept. He's got lots of NOS stuff too. Fact is, I was hoping I'd remember to tell here that he had NOS front fenders at the meet for 50s sedans, including PackardBakers! All for $200 each or less. Man, I'd have stolen - 'er bought - the pair of front 58 fenders if it had been easier to get them back to CA!

I was also looking for nice speedos and clusters for arkiejazz at SB and Tom came up with 3 nice units the day after he promised to check his stock overnight. When I went back, he'd selected about 7 or 8 units from me to choose from. He was asking $35 or $40 apiece (nice ones at that) and that sounded pretty fair when NOS ones were going for 3 times that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

BTW, it was my pleasure to be able to help you, Paul. While there's LOTS of great Stude vendors, Tom Karkeiwicz probably has as varied a selection as anyone. He started buying up Studes and parting them out back when most folks would've questioned one's sanity for doing so. Unlike me, Tom's stuff is all organized and well kept. He's got lots of NOS stuff too. Fact is, I was hoping I'd remember to tell here that he had NOS front fenders at the meet for 50s sedans, including PackardBakers! All for $200 each or less. Man, I'd have stolen - 'er bought - the pair of front 58 fenders if it had been easier to get them back to CA!

I was also looking for nice speedos and clusters for arkiejazz at SB and Tom came up with 3 nice units the day after he promised to check his stock overnight. When I went back, he'd selected about 7 or 8 units from me to choose from. He was asking $35 or $40 apiece (nice ones at that) and that sounded pretty fair when NOS ones were going for 3 times that![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

One of the neat things about Tom's blue bus is that he has managed to save almost all the little oddball items that you might look for. You need a condenser for the alternator, he has one. You need a clip for the wire harness, he probably has one and on and on. He's a nice guy with generally good prices and great, I should say GREAT, organization.

Tim K.
                            '64 R2 GT Hawk
                            Tim K.
                            \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

One of the neat things about Tom's blue bus is that he has managed to save almost all the little oddball items that you might look for. You need a condenser for the alternator, he has one. You need a clip for the wire harness, he probably has one and on and on. He's a nice guy with generally good prices and great, I should say GREAT, organization.

Tim K.
                              '64 R2 GT Hawk
                              Tim K.
                              \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X