PDA

View Full Version : South Bend Hotel Question

Bill Pressler
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to help a couple friends (one, a former Stude dealer) with reservations for the big meet. In '07 they stayed at a nice hotel on the north side of town, on the same side of the road as the Inn of St. Mary's. I'm pretty sure it was not THAT hotel, though. I know I'm not giving much info here, but you'd turn right, coming south down 31/33, into their lot and the front of the hotel wasn't facing 31/33 but facing the side road you'd turn into--with the parking lot out front. Shady around the parking lot out front. In the evenings they'd have a manager's welcome kind of thing, with free or cheap beer and mini burgers. Does anybody know the name of the place?

Thanks.

Retired
02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Just Google So Bend, IN Motels and start looking at the sites.

Dwain G.
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
If you're saying the hotel is NEAR the Inn at St. Mary's, then it might be the Hilton Garden Inn.

Bill Pressler
02-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Looking at pics of SB hotels, I'm thinking it was probably the Jameson.

Retired
02-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Ther are two Jameson, the one AOAI used last National was in an area that had pleanty of trees, the other is a former Signature Inn on the highway (30/31?) just north of thr interstate exit.

Bill Pressler
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Ther are two Jameson, the one AOAI used last National was in an area that had pleanty of trees, the other is a former Signature Inn on the highway (30/31?) just north of thr interstate exit.

I'm thinking it was the one on the North-South road just by the interstate exit. I'm thinking the other one (AOAI used) was on an east-west road between SB and Mishawaka, is that right?

studebaker-R2-4-me
02-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm thinking it was the one on the North-South road just by the interstate exit. I'm thinking the other one (AOAI used) was on an east-west road between SB and Mishawaka, is that right?

Bill, you seem to know pretty close to where the hotel is that you are looking for. Try using google maps. You can pinpoint the area that you are looking for, then take click and hold on to the little yellow man on the side bar and drop him in the intersection that you are looking at. You can literally stand in the location move up or down the street or head in a different direction getting actual footage of the hotels, gas stations and small shops along the road. It a great tool to do exactly what you are asking others to find.

Here's a link to google maps: http://maps.google.com

Type in the address to Michigan and Cleveland (it's approximate but here it is): 52952 Indiana 933 South Bend Indiana

Have fun, then look up your own street! I was standing in the doorway of my house when the camera truck drove by. Pretty Cool stuff.

Allen

Bob Bryant
02-07-2012, 11:29 AM
If someone has no success in finding accomodations in South Bend they might consider Niles, MI which is a few miles to the north. Because of franchise/name changes it is not known how the motels are considered, presently.