Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shot in the dark- '61 Lark upholstery search...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the dark- '61 Lark upholstery search...

Hey guys,

So, Starlight Studebakers (The new owners of the SASCO upholstery stash) still hasn't gotten back to me for seat upholstery (I've been working on trying to get some from them for over a year now). So, now a shot in the dark before I have a local friend do my original bench seat. Does anybody here have a intact '61 Lark bench seat; in lighter colors? I can redye to the Riviera Blue configuration, but I would love to have a factory original set before I upholster. I'd prefer a deluxe seat, but beggars can't be choosers at this point.
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

You do know that most if not all '61 Deluxe Interiors had Fabric Inserts on the Seats right?

The reason I asked that is, the patterned fabric could not be dyed as far as I know because of the vinylized, multi depth, multi color finish.

Have you already tryed SMS in Oregon?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

They must be late '61s, because I have a very early '61 deluxe with not a scrap of cloth in there besides windlace. I'm not quite sure what inserts your speaking of, are you possibly thinking of '62s? Please forgive my ignorance if I am missing something.

SMS has the vinyl I would need, yes (Even the ones with the little lark "birds" in it); but I still would like a original front seat, or NOS, if I could. If not, I'll try and have a friend do it. (He's quite good too).
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Rene did my front seat when he owned Phantom. It might be worth it to give him a call and see if he still has the material.

Nick

Comment

I looked into that, seems as though he could; as he is offering it for two door models.

However, Will at Starlight Studebakers got back to me, apparently my last emails fell off the grid. They had one set in Riviera blue, and of course, I got it. A heck of a nice guy by the way, looking forward to meeting them in person someday! Super excited to get my hands on that NOS upholstery and get my seat back to the way it should be!

Thanks much Will and Lori!!
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Brad Kutchen (sp?) from IL, is one of our longtime vendors.
            He has had upholstry at the last couple of Southbend May Swaps.
            I know he had some cloth '64 Cruiser, and I think he may have also had some earlier stuff.
            I do not have Brad's contact info handy.

Comment

Working...
            X