Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker back in business, who would have thought............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker back in business, who would have thought............

Saw this article. Thought it might be of interest. Someone with deep pockets want to invest????

The annals of automotive history are filled with nameplates that weren't quite able to survive the boom and bust nature of the business, especially here in the United States. One of the most successful orphaned automakers was Studebaker, remembered fondly for such design gems as the bullet-nosed post-World War II Starlight and trend-setting fiberglass-bodied

This revival is bound to surpass ZDDP threads
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Are you keeping score, Jeff?
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Nahhhh.. But three years ago this same deal came around with 3 wheel Chinese scooters, and two years before that with a high school website project.
        And each time it comes around we get four or five threads about it.
        Good for conversations, I suppose....
        As long as the name Studebaker has some nostalgic value that someone can try to exploit some money out of it...it will happen.
        Personally, I won't help their effort by spreading the word for them....for free.
        Jeff

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        Are you keeping score, Jeff?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          Nahhhh.. But three years ago this same deal came around with 3 wheel Chinese scooters, and two years before that with a high school website project.
          And each time it comes around we get four or five threads about it.
          Good for conversations, I suppose....
          As long as the name Studebaker has some nostalgic value that someone can try to exploit some money out of it...it will happen.
          Personally, I won't help their effort by spreading the word for them....for free.
          Jeff
          I read the article and Jeff is right its the same guy in Colorado that has been pushing the scooters, etc. now for several years. I bet he has the investors lined up at his door! ...... OK maybe not, more like he keeps looking out his window saying to himself, "any minute now".
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I know there have been several threads started about this recently, but this is the first one I came across. Just wanted to add this article:

Pull quote:

Flash forward almost 50 years, and a fellow named RW Reed now owns the rights to the Studebaker name.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I shrugged this off for several weeks, but the guy is getting a lot of press. Particularly, of all things, in South Bend. What up with that?
              Not two nickels to rub together for a new original design, but enough assets to spread around to buy that kind of coverage...
              Curious, and not in a nice way either. It's all the same presentation, no new news. This does, as my old boss used to say, "bear a lot of watching."

Comment

Working...
              X