PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Studebaker Lark Regal 8 Wagon to be scrapped

doublepaddle
02-02-2012, 02:20 PM
http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/2820246851.html

Just found this on Craig's list as I was wandering around. Hate to see it scrapped. Can anyone use???

StudeRich
02-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Apparently Macon and Perry are in the State of Georgia. I have a US area code Map that helped me figure out where this is! :)

It seems odd that Craigslist never shows the State.
But anyway heads up Georgia!

This car has many good mechanical Parts on it, even a 259 Automatic and Model 44 Axle that was running and driving when parked.

It trully would be a shame for it to be SCRAPPED! :(

LarkTruck
02-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Apparently Macon and Perry are in the State of Georgia. I have a US area code Map that helped me figure out where this is! :)

It seems odd that Craigslist never shows the State.
But anyway heads up Georgia!

This car has many good mechanical Parts on it, even a 259 Automatic and Model 44 Axle that was running and driving when parked.

It trully would be a shame for it to be SCRAPPED! :(

I know someone here in Pa that could use it for parts. Anyone in Ga. that may be interested in bringing it to York??????
Jim

rockinhawk
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
It has been advertized for awhile now for $750. If times were better, I would go get it. but I'm so broke that it ain't funny so I have let it slide. If anyone wants it, I will go get it and keep it for you untill you can come get it. It's about 100 miles or so from me. NT

Nelsen Motorsports
02-02-2012, 10:54 PM
The car is less than 30 min from me, but I dont have the time or money. It has been on craigslist for nearly 9 months now.

rockne10
02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
I know someone here in Pa that could use it for parts. Anyone in Ga. that may be interested in bringing it to York??????
Jim
Jim, For the price, there's a lot there. The person needing it should make the buy. There are folks from Georgia coming to York. Even so, worth renting a trailer and making a road trip.

LarkTruck
02-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Jim, For the price, there's a lot there. The person needing it should make the buy. There are folks from Georgia coming to York. Even so, worth renting a trailer and making a road trip.

I know it's a good buy Brad, it's not for me, but a good friend. It is hard to justify paying more for an east coast parts car than you paid for your west cost project car.
Neil, maybe we could work something out.
Jim

rockinhawk
02-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I know it's a good buy Brad, it's not for me, but a good friend. It is hard to justify paying more for an east coast parts car than you paid for your west cost project car.
Neil, maybe we could work something out.
Jim
Just say the WORD!!

LarkTruck
02-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Anyone in Georgia, do you know if this car is still around? Getting no response from seller.
Jim

LarkTruck
02-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone in Georgia, do you know if this car is still around? Getting no response from seller.
Jim

Go figure, as soon as I posted this, we made contact with the seller. Seriously folks, anyone from Georgia that could bring this baby along to York??? CASH MONEY is awaiting your arrival, or can be advanced if needed.
Jim

avantilover
02-19-2012, 02:53 AM
I believe Neil Thornton is willing to get it and store it for someone if only that someone asks him.

Bob Andrews
02-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Jim, I'm overdue for a road trip! You buy I'l fly! Have dolly will travel!:cool:

LarkTruck
02-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I believe Neil Thornton is willing to get it and store it for someone if only that someone asks him.

Thanks John and Bob, I know Neil T. is ready to help. My buddy who is interested in the car has a rollback available, but is that busy at his shop he will be lucky to get a half a day off to go to York.
We were just hoping someone already coming to York would want to have some of their expenses taken care of.
And yes, we know about PEG Trucking.
Bob if you are serious PM me.
Jim

rockinhawk
02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I'll do anything I can to help with it except for hauling it to Pa. I've got this thing about crossing the Mason-Dixon.... NT.

studegary
02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll do anything I can to help with it except for hauling it to Pa. I've got this thing about crossing the Mason-Dixon.... NT.

I met you in South Bend. How did you manage that <G>?

rockinhawk
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I met you in South Bend. How did you manage that <G>?
We do make exceptions occasionaly. I have even been to Baltimore once.

Bob Andrews
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Jim S., PM sent.

LarkTruck
02-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Thanks Neil, we will keep your offer in mind. Actually, I was hoping a young man with a Studebaker tailgated Ford would step up to the plate :-)
Bob, PM sent.
Jim

rockne10
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I have even been to Baltimore once.That's still south, according to Mason-Dixon.

mbstude
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks Neil, we will keep your offer in mind. Actually, I was hoping a young man with a Studebaker tailgated Ford would step up to the plate :-)
Bob, PM sent.
Jim

I would, but my truck is not geared for pulling a trailer. It was all it could do to pull a 10' open trailer to South Bend a couple years.

1962larksedan
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM

And the old joke about Pennsylvania is Philly on one side and Pittsburgh on the other with Alabama in the middle. In other words: most of Pa. has a lot of 'South' in its culture. :)

LarkTruck
02-20-2012, 06:18 AM
I would, but my truck is not geared for pulling a trailer. It was all it could do to pull a 10' open trailer to South Bend a couple years.

No problem Matt, thought maybe you and Old Jerry could team up for another road trip. Maybe you could tow the Ford with the Stude:-) HA HA!
Guess I'll just be happy the the Ford has enough power to haul my parts to me!!!!!
Jim