Not my Avantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not my Avantis

Out in the middle of AZ's nowhere, but I do drive through this small town occasionally.

sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Well its not that far out in the middle of no where.....it's a big town, when compared to Hope, AZ! I'll be through there next Thurs on the way to the evil empire, just west of the "zone"......besides, US 60 goes right through the middle of Salome, on its way to the I-10, at Brenda, AZ.

Comment

You are very right Glen. I grew up in Wickenburg, and lots of kids from Salome were bussed in to high school.
      I drive through Salome every time I go to Lake Havasu City, where my best friend lives. I turn north at Hope. Too bad the store/station there closed before I ever had a chance to stop in.
      Salome sure doesn't look as healthy as it used to. Lots of boarded up businesses.
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Random thoughts:

1. WHY DO TOO MANY SELLERS THINK ALL CAPS ARE THE WAY TO WRITE AN AD???

2. "SOLD IN A AS-IS CONDITION AND AS A PACKAGE DEAL ONLY. $16,000 FOR ALL", Two cars, two extra engines, extra transmission, but sketchy description with no photos of anything make it difficult to get an idea of what is being offered. Just the opposite of a recent post where the seller parted out and listed every nut and bolt on the car.

3. Commercial car haulers don't like non-running vehicles and most won't take loose engines/trans under any circumstances. Thus, a would-be-seller located near the loneliest corner of the US is handicapping his efforts with the package deal requirement.

4. Glen or John would be doing the community here a favor by stopping in for a look and posting a few photos and details.

5. Broken down into an $8,000 running modified car, a $6,000 non-runner-rebuilt-engine, maybe a $1000 complete R1 core engine, maybe a $500 289" core, maybe a $250 Powershift core, it might be a good deal for someone like Bob who has a trailer and needs more rolling and parts stock. ;>)

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Ya know, Jack....

I understand netiquette pretty well
          I understand caps equal YELL
          But I'm reading your post without my lenses, so...
          What's typed in CAPS, for reading, passes
          for lower case parts, I'll need my glasses.

For ads - why not make it easier to read? For conversation (as goes on here) netiquette should reign. Just my up for dismissal notion.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

WHAT?
            HUHHH?
            Hold on let me turn up my hearing aide.
            Now, what? huh?
            I guess all caps is the internet way of a TV commercial being louder than all TV shows are. Ever catch a quick 20 ZZs only to be startled awake because a commercial is so loud?
            I like to use caps on posts, but only when I am trying to stress a word.

Comment

From what I learned from the C/L ad, it looks like about $7700 for someone close and deduct for travel for someone far away.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                WHAT?
                HUHHH?
                Hold on let me turn up my hearing aide.
                Now, what? huh?
                I guess all caps is the internet way of a TV commercial being louder than all TV shows are. Ever catch a quick 20 ZZs only to be startled awake because a commercial is so loud?
                I like to use caps on posts, but only when I am trying to stress a word.
                LOL! So - you're saying that if you read something in caps, you come to consciousness???
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

All caps is actually much harder to read as there are fewer visual cues, such as descenders on y, g etc, to help the reader identify words at a glance. Similar to how some fonts are almost unreadable.
                  Jim
                  Often in error, never in doubt
                  http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

For a seller to specify 'package deal only' never made sense to Me. Sell what You can to whoever will give You an acceptable price. Then move on to sell the second car. Some serious buyers just don't
                    want, or have a place to store, two vehicles. (let alone the spare parts.)

Comment

Post of the Month

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      Ya know, Jack....

I understand netiquette pretty well
                      I understand caps equal YELL
                      But I'm reading your post without my lenses, so...
                      What's typed in CAPS, for reading, passes
                      for lower case parts, I'll need my glasses.
                      I nominate Bob's post for Post of the Month. Maybe Post of the Year. (If you don't understand why, read it aloud. If you still don't know why, read it to someone else.)
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X