Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An old "bullet-nose" is sitting up the road from me.... (in Seattle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old "bullet-nose" is sitting up the road from me.... (in Seattle)

I believe it is a 51. The car appeared during the recent snow storm in Seattle. It wasnt there before but sure was there after . Anyone want to cop to owning this car? Its up by Nathan Hale High School

It is a pale green color sitting on wide whites. Looks fairly original. Hope to stop by one of these evenings to check it out or this weekend. Maybe snap some pictures.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

That sounds like my friends old car, I wonder if it is, and who owns it now? Nice spotting!!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
      That sounds like my friends old car, I wonder if it is, and who owns it now? Nice spotting!!
      Ill try to get some pictures this weekend. It does have a temporary license tag in the rear window.

Comment

Trying to send the pic to my computer now. The license plate is a "custom" one. It reads "No Huac" Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Comment

My first thought was that it was some vietnamese guys name. But I think it is really an old political message calling for the abolishment of the House UnAmerican Activities Committee, which did happen in 1975.
          Last edited by Dwain G.; 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: to correct the word 'committee'
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

here is the picture. Sorry for the quality. My phone isnt the best..
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's and older pic of the same car. Apparently has lived in Seattle all it's life...................
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

That car would be an 1950 Champion.
                Dave D.
                '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
                '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

Comment

The other day on our way home from work, I saw a BRIGHT Yellow Bullet-noser stop to check it out. Was this any of yous guys?

It is still sitting out on the road. Hasn't moved. Just enjoying some time out in the weather. Kind of sad to see.

Comment

It's also an early 50 Champion, because of the painted headlight rims and chrome grilles. Later in the production run, Studebaker chromed the headlight rings and painted the grilles. They probably got more bang for their chrome bucks that way. In mid 1950, when the Custom (stripped down) model was introduced, those cars got painted headlight rings again.

i have three bullet nose cars and all have painted headlight rings. The 50 Commander rag top is an early 50, and both 51 Champion coupes are stripped down Custom models.

More info than you wanted to know?
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                      The other day on our way home from work, I saw a BRIGHT Yellow Bullet-noser stop to check it out. Was this any of yous guys?

It is still sitting out on the road. Hasn't moved. Just enjoying some time out in the weather. Kind of sad to see.
                      That car has been sitting out there for six straight months!!!! FOR SHAME. Might be time for me to come rescue it.
                      sigpic
                      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                        That car has been sitting out there for six straight months!!!! FOR SHAME. Might be time for me to come rescue it.
                        It is really sad to see it sitting there... The only bonus is that I get to see a Studebaker every day on my way home from work.

Comment

drove by the other day and it was moved back in to the driveway and has new "collector" plates on it. Maybe it will be hitting the road again soon!

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                            It's also an early 50 Champion, because of the painted headlight rims and chrome grilles. Later in the production run, Studebaker chromed the headlight rings and painted the grilles. They probably got more bang for their chrome bucks that way. In mid 1950, when the Custom (stripped down) model was introduced, those cars got painted headlight rings again.

i have three bullet nose cars and all have painted headlight rings. The 50 Commander rag top is an early 50, and both 51 Champion coupes are stripped down Custom models.

More info than you wanted to know?
                            That is very interesting. I thought I had seen chromed and unchromed 50 grilles and wasn't sure which way was original. Answer is both!
                            sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Regal Deluxe Trim
                            Automatic transmission
                            46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Working...
                            X