Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I've been looking for a 57-60 transtar/deluxe pickup for a long time..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I've been looking for a 57-60 transtar/deluxe pickup for a long time..............

Love the look, I've been into old cars for 30+ years and helped restore a 49 stude pickup about 30 years ago. Currently into old vettes and other gm vehicles. Always wanted a transtar napco 4 wd. I know those are like hens teeth so not limiting myself to one. I prefer the shorter bed and a floor shift (4 speed) or automtic transmission. Any original colors but no RED. What pitfalls should I avoid? Rust i imagine is an issue. I'm located in the north east in central/southern NY. I know they drive like an old truck and have no/minimal creature comforts, I'm ok with that I would just use it occasionally for a short commute , car shows and a home depot run. Want one in very good driver condition or better and prefer mechanical work over body work. Any advice and leads I would appreciate it. Thanks Glenn.

Originally posted by arcticturqtranstar View Post
    Love the look, I've been into old cars for 30+ years and helped restore a 49 stude pickup about 30 years ago. Currently into old vettes and other gm vehicles. Always wanted a transtar napco 4 wd. I know those are like hens teeth so not limiting myself to one. I prefer the shorter bed and a floor shift (4 speed) or automtic transmission. Any original colors but no RED. What pitfalls should I avoid? Rust i imagine is an issue. I'm located in the north east in central/southern NY. I know they drive like an old truck and have no/minimal creature comforts, I'm ok with that I would just use it occasionally for a short commute , car shows and a home depot run. Want one in very good driver condition or better and prefer mechanical work over body work. Any advice and leads I would appreciate it. Thanks Glenn.

Good Luck on finding a 4X4. I have located two recently, one in Tn and one in Co. Both were projects and neither was cheap. I THINK the one in Tn is still available but failed to meet reserve at auction. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

I believe this Transtar is still for sale: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=academy

And this one can be had for much less, provided its still available: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=transtar

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hi there , if your looking for a truck you may want to post on the Studebaker Truck forum , most likely get more replys

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Welcome! I am almost a neighbor. I am in Wappinger - just a short run over I-84. Your timing is off a little. I have sold three '57-'59 pickups. They were all solid bodies as I had all of them shipped in from other parts of the country. I learned long ago that shipping is cheaper and better than severe rust repair. The net is, I do not know of any good ones in the area now. There is a guy in Pawling with some pickups, but I do not know if he would sell any (I believe his are pre-1957 anyway).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pinetop009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1671824Click image for larger version

Name:	59 studebaker in front of old dealer building.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1671823Hi I have a 59 pickup (not for sale) and a 66 vet, I like the pickup the best, keep looking they are out there, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TMAN0950 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13548[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13547[/ATTACH]Hi I have a 59 pickup (not for sale) and a 66 vet, I like the pickup the best, keep looking they are out there, Terry
              I've seen the pic of your truck before it is beautiful, Arctic White I presume? I'm on the corvette forum too. Nice 66 I just sold my 67 vert and 63 SWC last year I still have an Arctic Blue 57.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Welcome! I am almost a neighbor. I am in Wappinger - just a short run over I-84. Your timing is off a little. I have sold three '57-'59 pickups. They were all solid bodies as I had all of them shipped in from other parts of the country. I learned long ago that shipping is cheaper and better than severe rust repair. The net is, I do not know of any good ones in the area now. There is a guy in Pawling with some pickups, but I do not know if he would sell any (I believe his are pre-1957 anyway).

I was hoping you would contact me, (saw many of your posts) I know wappingers fairly well my son runs at Bowdain Park "sp" Lots of my co workers live up that way. I just stupidly missed out on a perfect truck in Washington state. Totally aggree all the rust free stuff is on the other coast. Shipped my 57 vette from calif two years ago and the frame is like new. Keep me in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  Hi there , if your looking for a truck you may want to post on the Studebaker Truck forum , most likely get more replys

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/
                  Will do thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    I believe this Transtar is still for sale: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=academy

And this one can be had for much less, provided its still available: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=transtar

Craig
                    Thanks saw that one on ebay awhile back I should have been more specific. Want a 1/2 ton unless it's a 3/4 ton napco. Don't want to do a Canada deal almost got burned big time years ago, had a constable call me, it was a sting and advised against the over the border sales due to laws in Canada. Looks like the hunt will continue I missed a great one last week. Long distance deals are tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X