Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 01-30, 1955 Meteor

Craig

Oooo! That's a pretty car. Thanks for posting Craig!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Pretty?
      I am not sure if Meteor actually qualifies as an Orphan. It is not some small "Independant" non big 3 car. It is a division of one of the biggest of the big 3. Or is Orphan simply a NON Stude car or truck pic?

Comment

"Orphan" is any marque that is no longer for sale, no matter the parent company.

This looks to be a pretty low-line, bread-and-butter sedan, equivalent to a Ford Mainline. What was the model?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh ok. I thought an orphan was a car company that had no parent company and was not a part of a conglomo corp like fWord Lincoln Merc or Dodge Chrysler Plymouth, GM or whatever. I was thinking more like Hudson, Nash, Packard, Duesenberg, Kaiser and things like that. True Orhans.
          So things like Hummer, Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Plymouth, La Salle, Henry J, also fit?

Comment

Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn, La Salle, Viking, Marquette, Oakland, Scripps Booth, Cartercar. All dead. All GM. Keep it up, GM. Couldn't happen to a better company.

Terry

Comment

Terry,
              Opinions are like arm pits, we all have a couple and they usually stink. I love my GM's and HATE FwORDS. Care less about mopars and even less about imports. My daily drivers are always GM in the last 20 years, except 1 or 2 toyotas mixed in, regretfully. I will walk before I drive another FwORD. I have not just had "A" bad one that soured me. I have never had a good one. I have had 8, most were work vehicles and 1 was mine....never again.

I am hopefully going to be a Stude guy now. If for any reason I can not or decide not to run Stude power in any one of them, it WILL be GM power.
              That is what makes things interesting though, that we all like different things.
              Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                Terry,
                Opinions are like arm pits, we all have a couple and they usually stink. I love my GM's and HATE FwORDS. Care less about mopars and even less about imports. My daily drivers are always GM in the last 20 years, except 1 or 2 toyotas mixed in, regretfully. I will walk before I drive another FwORD. I have not just had "A" bad one that soured me. I have never had a good one. I have had 8, most were work vehicles and 1 was mine....never again.

I am hopefully going to be a Stude guy now. If for any reason I can not or decide not to run Stude power in any one of them, it WILL be GM power.
                That is what makes things interesting though, that we all like different things.
                Kelly
                Totally agree, Kelly. If we all liked the same thing, this would be a dull world. Just don't ask me to look at another GM car after the experience we had with the last one. Even my wife wants nothing to do with GM. We went offshore 11 years ago and we're not coming back. We are in the market for a new car right now, but nothing the Detroit 3 is offering at the moment appeals to us.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X