1961 Hawk near South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk near South Bend

Last summer there was a light blue 61 hawk for sale on state road 23 between South Bend and North Liberty. This car was awesome, however I didn't want to drop the coin for it at the time. Does anyone know of this car and if it is still for sale. The owner Did all the work himself and he worked for Studebaker where he learned to paint. I'm sure you guys know of this car. He told me he took it to meets and so forth. Just wandered if it is in storage for the winter or something. The owner seemed to be a pretty cool feller and I have been coveting that car ever since I stopped to look at it. It may not be anything real special but it sure is a knock out.
    Last edited by wiley; 01-29-2012, 06:55 PM.

There was a light blue 61 Hawk on eBay within the last year???
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I saw that one. It was more money. It was very similar though. The car in question had the rear trunk overlay painted off white to match the roof and has some red accents on the side chrome. I know its not factory that way but it was definately a sharp looking variation.

Comment

Originally posted by wiley View Post
        Last summer there was a light blue 61 hawk for sale on state road 23 between South Bend and North Liberty. This car was awesome, however I didn't want to drop the coin for it at the time. Does anyone know of this car and if it is still for sale. The owner Did all the work himself and he worked for Studebaker where he learned to paint. I'm sure you guys know of this car. He told me he took it to meets and so forth. Just wandered if it is in storage for the winter or something. The owner seemed to be a pretty cool feller and I have been coveting that car ever since I stopped to look at it. It may not be anything real special but it sure is a knock out.
        May I suggest you quickly add "near South Bend" to the title of this thread to get the attention of a very good friend of that '61 Hawk's Owner who frequents this Forum.

IF ...the owner still has it, it would be stored less than 2 miles from where I'm sitting.

Comment

Thanks. will do.

Comment

That car takes first place every time he shows it.
            I sent you his contact information.
            Paul

Comment

I think I know the car you are talking about, and in the summer I can see it from my front porch!! I stopped to look at it one day, it's a very, very nice car.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

There is a nice 61 on ebay now ....cheap...... and in good order..... 12 grand. Located in Columbus, Ohio. Not far from you. It does have a blue interior ????Is that good ?

Comment

I have seen the one on ebay. Not to be offensive or anything but the car I'm talking about really does blow that one away, again sorry if that is your car. I have found the car by the way I have the owners contact info and everything thanks to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by wiley View Post
                    >>>I have the owners contact info and everything thanks to this forum.
                    Glad to hear you received the requested contact info!

And ...if you haven't already done so, please consider joining our Club & our Chapter here: https://secure.cornerstonereg.com/sdc/newmember.asp

...and here: http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/...cation2007.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X