• Show
Clear All

• Where can I find this sticker?

For the 58 Packard Hawk - SI doesn't list
    Horizontal Jack
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

If you have access to Photoshop or similar software, you could scan the one that you have and electronically "clean" it up. Then reprint it on suitable stock.
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

Get with Richard Quinn, for fee (?) he can bring it back to life.

Comment

For the 58 Packard Hawk - SI doesn't list Horizontal Jack

I seriously doubt that it has been replicated. I can probably do it using you original. What is the measurements of the page?
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I believe that a portion (or whole) of this above sticker appeared in Andrew Beckman's monthly read in TW a few months back.

Comment

The info and the same pictures are here in SP Service Letter P-3:

This website is a free public information store about the vehicles manufactured by the Packard Motor Car Company (PMCC). This include information of the following keywords: packard, car, vin, decoder, ultramatic, clipper, patrican, caribbean, hardtop, convertible, pac, pmc, pi, panther, daytona, thunderbolt, 288, 327, 356, straight 8, l8, v12, senior, junior, Henley, stb, sc, service, technical, bulletin, counselor, manual, 120, 110, 160, 180, 110c, 110b, super, super8, eight, 1956, 1955,1954, 1953, 1952, 1950, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1946, 1942, 1941, 1940, 1939, 1938, 1937, 1936, 1935, 1934, 1933, 1932, 1931, 1930, 1929, 1928, 1927, 1926, 1925, 1924, 1923, 1922, 1921, 1920, 1919, 1918, 1917, 1916, 1915, 1914, 1913, 1912, 1911, 1910, 1909, 1908, 1907, 1906, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901, 1900, 1899, forum, v8, information, help, parts, info, specs, specifications

Unfortunately there is no copy of the Sticker however.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Once I receive the dimensions of the original I can finish it.
              Richard Quinn

Comment

That's pretty impressive Richard. I see a comma missing, but it's amazing how quickly you were able to put that together. To make it look the right age, a friend of mine who passed away years ago had a technique for aging documents and photographs. He used to fill a cookie tin with coffee and then water it down while testing it with paper samples until he got precisely the right concentration he wanted. Then he'd bath the photos or documents in the solution until they'd taken on sufficient color to make them appear to have come from the proper period. He'd then take them out and dry them in a photo dryer. He could take photos of folks dressed in period garb - say the civil war, for instance - and when he got done printing and bathing the photo you'd swear it was move than 100 years old.
                Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                Kenmore, Washington
                hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                '69 Pontiac Firebird
                (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                  That's pretty impressive Richard. I see a comma missing, but it's amazing how quickly you were able to put that together. To make it look the right age, a friend of mine who passed away years ago had a technique for aging documents and photographs. He used to fill a cookie tin with coffee and then water it down while testing it with paper samples until he got precisely the right concentration he wanted. Then he'd bath the photos or documents in the solution until they'd taken on sufficient color to make them appear to have come from the proper period. He'd then take them out and dry them in a photo dryer. He could take photos of folks dressed in period garb - say the civil war, for instance - and when he got done printing and bathing the photo you'd swear it was move than 100 years old.
                  Why would you want to age it if you are doing a restoration and want everything to appear as new?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Finished it to my satisfaction. I made it on a standard 8.5 X 11" sheet. The Service Letter of 10-23-57 indicates that this information was included as “A special illustrated insert…to the 1958 Model Packard Owner’s Guide.” I have 2-3 original ’58 Owner’s Guides but they do not contain an insert. I am wondering if this information was also on a sticker in the trunk or ? Anyone know?
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                    X