My new Packard Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Packard Hawk

Here's the new prize.. Disassembly starts in the morning. Anyone need anything?

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Anyone need anything?
    The gallon size bottle of Lark Shine?
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

The energy and enthusiasm of a man in his early 20s would be nice.

Other than that... just share the stories and an occasional picture, please, as usual. Excellent catch.

Comment

Will that front end fit your wagon?
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Matt,

Looks like the fiberglass nose is gone and the trunk lid is shot to hell. How are the dagmars on the front bumper? Is there steering column and dash in there? Can you compile a list of what's salvageable and post it or email it? What number is it?
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Matthew,the front fender looks to be solid.being caved in like that did'nt seem to break any rust in the rear edge ?maybe take some time to work it out close,and put up for sale at York <G>

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Gee Matt, I almost wish you had not posted the pic. The picture in my imagination was much better!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like lawn art to me! Put it up on concrete blocks next to the road with your business advertised on it, it will surely get lots of attention!
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Does it even have a frame or chassis under it, Matthew?

Be sure to save the Serial Number and Body Number tags. The Biblical account of Lazarus comes to mind....<GGG> BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What does it say on the fin?

"NO CALLS?"
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Grandma says "Looks like disassembly started several years ago!"
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

I bet there are still many, many parts unique to a 58L-K9 on that baby----What a great find!!!

Comment

That'll buff right out.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Does it even have a frame or chassis under it, Matthew? Be sure to save the Serial Number and Body Number tags. The Biblical account of Lazarus comes to mind.
                            Bob, I have an idea of the car that comes to your mind. I bet it was some extremely rare medium blue late 60's Mopar that looked like it was in a multi-rollover accident along with some serious rust issues which got revealed once all the bondo popped off in the impact. In the end that car got the 'Lazarus'-type restoration treatment. I believe the link you provided was on cudaworld at one time, but it doesn't appear to be archived if that was the site it was on. Just maybe there IS a frame still under that '58 Packard Hawh with the secret serial number still able to be visible after sandblasting it as well...

Craig

Comment

Just the halo stainless will bring a good penny, shine that baby up and take it to York.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X