Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about this B block Australian R4 Avanti ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything about this B block Australian R4 Avanti ?

Found it on johnstones page it explains it's history and the Paxton addition of the R4 in late 60's just wondering if it was sold, where it ended up, anymore pics ect. ?

Think the ad below is from 2008

Ad in Australia Classified

Avanti R4
    Beautifully presented in fully restored condition. Many desirable features including large capacity R4 "Granatelli" 280bhp V8 engine, power steering, power windows, floor-shift automatic, chrome wire wheels and much more. Current owner 27 years. 25,000km since complete engine rebuild. This car has won multiple concours awards. An exceptional example of a very rare collectors' car. Asking $55,000. Call (08) 9293 1397 a/h
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John,
    That vehicle is still for sale by the same owner in Perth Western Australia. I saw it last Easter still looking in fine shape. That Avanti was built as an R1 & the original owner had the R4 engine fitted quite early in the life of the car after which he raced it at Daytona Beach for a short time. He then shipped it back to Singapore. It was sold to an Englishman there who subsequently brought it here to Melbourne, Australia where I purchased it in May 1976. I onsold it to the current owner around 1980.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

I'm assuming the ad means Australian dollars, so at today's exchange rate that's $58, 294.50 U.S., no?
      Last edited by hausdok; 01-26-2012, 10:39 PM.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I drove that car to the national meet at Easter.
        I'm sure the owner still has it for sale.
        pb

Comment

B block Australian R4 Avanti

John,
          I am the owner of this 1963 Avanti R4 (engine number B79) .It is currently for sale ,although I have not been actively promoting it as such . However, what I am promoting is my 1964 Commander R4 two door sedan.This car is advertised on "carsales.com.au",together with photos and a history of this very rare Australian race car Other links to the Commander can be found at Needham Studebaker or Australian Studebaker racing.
          As I am new to the forum it might be easier for me to forward photos via email .My address is kevinandmargaret@yahoo.com.au
          Kevin

Comment

Hi,

I'm new here too. The guys and gals (I think you call t hem blocks down there) that hang out here are friendly and helpful folks. You'll like it here.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

John check your PM...Bob
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X