Seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belts

I just bought a set of 4 belts for my hawk. I need to know if there is a template to install them. Thanks!!
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

You may have weld nuts already in place. My GT did.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by J. D. ENGLER View Post
      I just bought a set of 4 belts for my hawk. I need to know if there is a template to install them. Thanks!!
      What make of "seat belts"??? If factory type, believe I can help you out, if not ...no
      Last edited by Welcome; 01-26-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I bought a set of 4 from Studebaker International, want to be as correct as I can
        sigpic

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by J. D. ENGLER View Post
          I bought a set of 4 from Studebaker International, want to be as correct as I can
          Sorry, would not have the installation info for those type.

Comment

Have you checked the templates collection on the Studebaker Drivers Club home page, Tech Tips, Specs and Data?
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

on the '40, i measured everything, several times, before drilling - and used really big washers - bigger than what came with the kit from s. int'l...

on the avanti, it was already set up for belts, and "popped" her from underneath...
              also used seat belts and hardware from from "s.i."
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

There would be no template for floor mounted Seat belts in a '58, since the Factory Optional Belts were on the Door.

You have to "wing it" with modern Belts. Hardtops have the Torque Box in the way of the outboard Belt Anchor, I just cut a hole and made a patch plate and sealed it with dumb dumb clay.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Do You mean the Sparton Karbelts? I just received a NOS set Myself for Christmas - beautiful, with the S-P logo. All that drilling that has to be done on the doors makes Me a little nervous though!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    Do You mean the Sparton Karbelts? I just received a NOS set Myself for Christmas - beautiful, with the S-P logo. All that drilling that has to be done on the doors makes Me a little nervous though!
                    Now those are the design seat belts I have a copy of the Stude Engineering installation drawing for. Did your kit come with screws, washers, etc???

Comment

To: Welcome--Yes, everything---really nice -- came with all hardware in an envelope ---instruction sheet --the plastic coated braided wire for the center belts--- beautiful chrome door brackets --The fact is even the
                      box they came in is colorfull ----really funny, as it describes that in the event of an accident these belts will help keep the doors from flying open!!!!!!! (and crush the occupants pelvis!!) Really nostalgic stuff. Take care

Comment

To: Welcome--Yes, everything---really nice -- came with all hardware in an envelope ---instruction sheet --the plastic coated braided wire for the center belts--- beautiful chrome door brackets --The fact is even the
                        box they came in is colorfull ----really funny, as it describes that in the event of an accident these belts will help keep the doors from flying open!!!!!!! (and crush the occupants pelvis!!) Really nostalgic stuff. Take care

I wouldn't go drilling into those nice Speedster door panels Ed, I am going mount mine on anchor points on the floor.
                        They are a period belt for a fifties car..........correct?
                        Brian Greenall
                        Melbourne, OZ
                        sigpic

Comment

To: Welcome--Yes, everything---really nice -- came with all hardware in an envelope ---instruction sheet --the plastic coated braided wire for the center belts --- beautiful chrome door brackets --The fact is even the
                          hmmm..... you're planning to install this set of Sparton Karbelts on a 4 Door Sedan, correct??? IIRC, those "plastic coated braided wires" are ONLY used on the front seat of 4 Doors.

Comment

To Welcome:------------- That's interesting. I really haven't read the instructions yet, but these belts will be going into a K-body. Do You think the manufacturer provided hardware for both both types?
                            I'll have to look at this a bit closer -- probably wont install for a couple more months. THANK YOU for Your input.

Comment

To: The Studebaker Sovereign,------ Yes I know what You mean on the drilling. but the 'charm' of those old belts is the way they are fastened to the door. What were They thinking? But in My mind,
                              that outer belt will have to be fastened to the door, --- holes and all!

Comment

Working...
                              X