Hubs and drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Hubs and drums

I have a 1950 Studebaker starlight coupe five passenger with four lug hubs and drums
    Can anyone tell me if the five lug hubs and drums from a five lug Studebaker commander will fit and if so what year or years will fit ?
    Im trying to up grade my wheels.

No they won't fit. The late model brakes 54 and later would be the way to go but its not an easy swap. Someone else on the forum will have to chime in and tell you the specifics, I don't have any first hand knowledge of what it takes to swap to the later brakes.

Originally posted by gminer View Post
    I have a 1950 Studebaker starlight coupe five passenger with four lug hubs and drums
    Can anyone tell me if the five lug hubs and drums from a five lug Studebaker commander will fit and if so what year or years will fit ?
    Im trying to up grade my wheels.

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

We just had a lengthy discussion about 49 brakes (same as your 50) but I cannot seem to locate the thread just now.

50 Champion was the last year for the small spindles in the front and small axle diameter in the rear. In 1951, Studebaker enlarged them and settled on the new sizes in 1951, and kept those sizes until the end of production.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

You are correct Roy, we covered this in the post shown below.

StudeBakerHarv
        * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
        * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
        * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

Working...
        X