• Show
Clear All

• Neat 53 Studebaker street rod

Taken from Rod & Custom....
    Attached Files

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post
    Taken from Rod & Custom....
    Thanks for posting Rich.

I looked all over the web for a set of pictures to post when I saw it in R&C but could not find any. I guess I was to lazy to copy the page.

I like it a lot in a perverse sort of way.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

I like it a lot in a perverse sort of way.
      Actually, I like it in a NON perverse way

Very creative, and I think he pulled it off. He kept the major styling cues from the '53 but fit them together in an attractive "hot rod" package.

It is not another run of the mill 32 highboy. He will have a crowd around it any any event he takes it to.

Not everyone can go this far "out of the box" and get away with it. IMHO this guy did.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's for sale too:

Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I think he's a SDC guy, or at least attended an event. Saw it here before. Matt B. or anyone else chime in?
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            I think he's a SDC guy, or at least attended an event. Saw it here before. Matt B. or anyone else chime in?
            Jim McCuan and I saw the car at the Gettysburg meet last year. It's even cooler in person, and very well done. The owner was telling us that he'd built it in his spare time, and it wasn't a lot of time at that. It's one of the coolest little hot rods I think I've seen.

Last edited by mbstude; 01-24-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The hood (sedan), doors, tail lights and dash are about the extent of the Studebaker content (IIRC from Gettysburg).
              Last edited by studegary; 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM. Reason: missing t
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I love the quarter panels and taillights with the Stude logo in the tailhgate. Love the hood and the overall concept. A few things are not my cup of tea, the fenders, the cut out area on the side of the hood look unfinished a bit, and the ends of the windshield post look unfinished a bit....but again, I like the concept and most of the execution. Glad he built it and thanks for showing it to us.

Comment

Wow Great Car!
                  Yes they should have used a curved windshield.
                  But very cool!
                  I love it when builders think outside of the box.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Fenders are mandatory in some states. He may not have had a choice there.

The windshield posts look to me like they are finished with a custom made cap.

I believe the windshield is a stock, full width C/K windshield. The extra length sticking out the ends give the appearance of "wind wings". It is laid back quite a bit so may not even be shortened. Pretty creative!
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I love it. $30,000 seems like a bargain price. If I was rich, it would be mine...
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                        I love it. $30,000 seems like a bargain price. If I was rich, it would be mine...
                        I would suggest that you examine it up close and drive it before spending $30K on it.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Wouldn't the 1953 design team be surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                            Fenders are mandatory in some states. He may not have had a choice there.

The windshield posts look to me like they are finished with a custom made cap.

I believe the windshield is a stock, full width C/K windshield. The extra length sticking out the ends give the appearance of "wind wings". It is laid back quite a bit so may not even be shortened. Pretty creative!
                            It is not the fact that it has fenders as much as it has those fenders. For me they just don't go with the lines of the body and I am not big fan of where they are positioned on the tires, but that is just me, his car, his money, his vision....lots of respect for the car from me and love the concept.

The windshield post could be cleaner looking for a custom made piece. I see now that the winshield is wider than the post, so those are some sort of a pinch post system I guess, great idea, I just personally think the blunt end on top looks kind of after thoughtish....not terrible at all, just for me the "devil" is in the details and these are 2 details I would have done a bit differently.

Comment

Working...
                            X