Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hats off to Bob, and congrats to Matthew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to Bob, and congrats to Matthew!

Just read "Tailgating..." in the new Turning Wheels. In addition to 'congratulations!" to Matthew on the '57 Broadmoor wagon, I have to say "way to go, Bob Andrews!" in how you handled the situation of selling the other car, and then offering to take it back and returning the deposit WITHOUT EVEN BEING ASKED, when you found out that the car Matthew really wanted popped up shortly there-after. That kind of action and people like you are what make this such a great hobby.
    Made my day. (and thanks for the great articles each month Matthew, along with anyone else reading this who contributes to the monthly TW issues!)
    Barry

Nice account, indeed.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      Nice account, indeed.
      The first article I read each month is by Matt ... another riveting and exciting account of the adventures of Matt Burnette (one of the bright young lights in our SDC's future).
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Amen, Barry. 'Just got February's Turning Wheels today and was equally pleased to read Matt's account.

(I dunno, Matt; it's gonna become increasingly difficult to ignore the family aspect of wagons...especially when you were originally attracted to a 3-seater! AFAIK, you're on the bubble as SDC's most elgible bachelor. <GGG>) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the nice words Barry, and the rest of you guys. Whoever you all are. <grin>

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Amen, Barry. 'Just got February's Turning Wheels today and was equally pleased to read Matt's account.

(I dunno, Matt; it's gonna become increasingly difficult to ignore the family aspect of wagons...especially when you were originally attracted to a 3-seater! AFAIK, you're on the bubble as SDC's most elgible bachelor. <GGG>) BP
          I dunno, BP. Dick Quinn is serious competition.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            I dunno, BP. Dick Quinn is serious competition.
            So long as I'm not in the running- that's all that matters to me!!!
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

good job bams and matthew!

i'm planning on getting my next stude before i get my next gal!!!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, Barry. For his part, when I wrote Matthew he expressed his willingness to be completely happy with the deal we had made and stand by it. It was no big deal to call off, and it's always fun to see someone get what they REALLY want, and no harm done.

This is a hobby, but we are enthusiasts. So in my mind, the most important thing is the end result: BOTH cars are safe and being cared for and preserved. That's really the overall strategy!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I just read the article and enjoyed it. Great looking car Matt!
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                  X