Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Oil flow controler MS-124

Hi everyone,

I've been rebuilding a 47 flat head six. I came across a thread about an oil flow controller part No. MS-124. It goes in through the rear oil plug hole on the side of the block that feeds the rear main bearing and blocks off the oil to the lifter gallery. I called the guy at Studebaker parts in Phoenix and he said he doesn't know of anyone making them. I didn't bother looking any deeper so I made one and it seems to snap in place. I basically made one off the picture someone sent in on one of the threads. But the question I still have is anyone making this part? I may be rebuilding another engine soon and wonder if thy are available instead of making them.

Thanks for any help in this area

I too have looked for this part but found no one that has one. My understanding is that some piston ring manufacturers sold them with their ring kit. I have yet to make one. I have not because my oil pressure is quite good and I don't seem to have oil splash problems associated with over lubricated lifters. In my opinion the device should only be installed after the engine is broken in or at least after the cam has become happy (couple hours) because a lot of lubrication on those precious lobes is a good thing.

Did you take pictures of your device you can share?

Here is what I have:

Made from flat stock .020" thick with a width of .110"
    The head or circle end is .330" in diameter
    The dish is .094" deep.
    1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
    See rescue progress here on this blog:
    http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X