Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some's good, more's better, too much still ain't enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some's good, more's better, too much still ain't enough!

I saw this listing and I thought it best exemplified the title. I regularly use that term do describe a lot of customs I've seen over the years and this one it definately fits...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AVANT...item46005911e4

Might also live up to John Poulos' expression, "The most expensive Avanti is a cheap Avanti!". Having not yet owned one, I'll stick with; the most expensive car I've owned was a cheap Mercedes!

Cheers, Kennie
    Last edited by spokejr; 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling & added signature

Those seats have to GO!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I like the power plant, the rest not so much.
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

get rid of the hood scoop and it would look a lot better. Kind of like the cowl induction hood, but would want to see it with out the scoop.
        TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

"too much still ain't enough"....that officially IS TOO much for me.
          Seat covers are seat covers....but those are just wrong. Which ever coorporate design manager put his seal of approval on those lavender and purple flame seat covers....."YOUR FIRED"
          Cowl induction + snorkel= bad.
          427 is fine.
          Maybe if he went EVEN more and made it a full drag car or lakester I guess too much still ain't enough.

Comment

If he has some documention to prove that it was a "Factory Hot Rod" like Blake or one of those Avanti Motors owners had raced this very Car or something, he sure needs to show it to take advantage of his "claim" and get his price.

If Avanti Motors did not modify it, that is just another false claim.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Given the traction problems even stock Avanti has, I can't imagine trying to keep a 427" pointed straight under full power. On second though, it might make a great drift car. No problem getting and keeping it sideways and the drift crowd seems to appreciate outre

And no the hood scoop isn't legal in some states. I've seen "pro street" cars with similar scoops be stopped, ticketed and the driver forced to call a roll-back to haul it home. In one case, the car was a Firebird from Oregon with a 6-71 blower. It is 100 miles to the WA/OR border and the haul cost him $300. "driver's vision obstructed ; not safe for operation."

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

I always wondered if anyone had ever dropped a 'big block' Chevy into an Avanti? Figured the engine mounts would line up, but how about everything else? (esp. retaining the stock steering)

Comment

Another thing: that Avanti would never pass an emissions test anywhere and I doubt it would pass a sniff test period even if the smog equipment part was not an issue.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Some kids shouldn't keep playing with Lego's...
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Fits easy...A Stude V8 is about the same size as a BBC..

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      I always wondered if anyone had ever dropped a 'big block' Chevy into an Avanti? Figured the engine mounts would line up, but how about everything else? (esp. retaining the stock steering)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Whats a sniff test? What's an emissions test? What's smog equipment?
                        But to answer your question accurately.... Neither would a stock 289 Avanti...

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                        Another thing: that Avanti would never pass an emissions test anywhere and I doubt it would pass a sniff test period even if the smog equipment part was not an issue.

Jeff

Comment

Whats a sniff test? What's an emissions test? What's smog equipment?
                          But to answer your question accurately.... Neither would a stock 289 Avanti...
                          Yeah, municipalities aside, I know nothing about this since Illinois decided to remove the treadmills years ago, for vehicles '96 and older. If you they can't plug it into the standardized port, they can't test it. The Avanti would be more than welcome around these parts, and we'd start to wonder where the owner's priorities are at if he started balking about smog equipment on a vehicle such as that.
                          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

The pix give a new meaning to the term "Rat Rod". I personally really hate to see an Avanti bastardized like that.
                            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                            X