Exterior P.H. Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Exterior P.H. Colors

For you Packard Hawk fans, it looks like the Packard Club has updated their photo gallery for 1958 and you can see just about every exterior color that was available for the '58 model year there. There is one very pretty P.H. in Glen Green that I'd never seen before. If anyone who owns a '58 Packard or PH would like to check out those colors, Click Here!
    Last edited by hausdok; 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Be advised that these pictures, although nice, are contemporary photos showing non-stock items, incorrect labels and I am not so sure about all of the colors shown.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Be advised that these pictures, although nice, are contemporary photos showing non-stock items, incorrect labels and I am not so sure about all of the colors shown.
      Yes you are absolutely correct Gary. I see A '58 in the '57 Group, a lot of '57 Town Sedans labeled 4 Dr. Sedans, a '57 Clipper Town Sedan labeled a Hardtop, a lot of '58 4 Dr. Sedans labeled Town Sedans, no Colors mentioned, or owners names or State or Province etc. etc.
      Lots of wrong Paint and equipment.

I guess their Authenticity Guru Guy had the day off!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi,

You guys are probably right; but, remember me? I'm the guy who only has eyes for P.H.'s. I didn't spend more than a millisecond looking at any of those other pics. In fact, I can't tell one from the other. I've just never looked at one that hard.

Fin color is hard to discern because it can look like, gold, white, silver, or any other color reflected depending on light, but this is what I think are the paint schemes on the P.H.s there according to what I'm seeing on my monitor.

Antique white over antique white with silver(?) fins. (They look bluish but I think the color of a building is reflected.
        Jewel beige over jewel beige with gold fins.
        Mountain blue metallic, or possibly cliff gray, over glenn green with silver (?) (look white) fins.
        Surf green over mountain blue metallic with gold fins.
        Antique white over shadowtone red metallic with gold fins.
        Mountain green over mountain green with silver fins.
        Antique white over parade red with silver fins.
        Glen green over glen green with gold fins.
        Last edited by hausdok; 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
          For you Packard Hawk fans, it looks like the Packard Club has updated their photo gallery for 1958 and you can see just about every exterior color that was available for the '58 model year there. There is one very pretty P.H. in Glen Green that I'd never seen before. If anyone who owns a '58 Packard or PH would like to check out those colors, Click Here!
          hmmm... don't know how complete that gallery is. Didn't see a pic. of a solid BLACK Packard Hawk. I know for certain there was at least one P.H. came out of the factory solid BLACK (w/gold Mylar in fin & tan arm pads of course)!!!

Comment

I think you know that the deal is, the Fins were Gold (Mylar Foil?) but over the years most are faded to Silver, and any PAINTED ones are just wrong.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

To: hausdok--- I believe that I saw the PH in picture #5 (The dark green metallic /gold mylar car) at an auto show. I agree with You. The color, not stock i don't think, looked absolutley beautiful on the car--- very 'rich' looking!

Comment

Working...
              X