Eye Candy 1/17/12: 57 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 1/17/12: 57 Silver Hawk

York 2011 again; yesterday we had a gold Golden Hawk, today a silver Silver Hawk seems apt!

S.

Love the whites!!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

57 Silver Hawks have the sexiest fins ever applied to an automobile.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

My Daughter is ooogling over that pic. She loves the way the chrome and silver paint kind of blend in and make the chrome more demure {demuir?} and subtle.

Comment

Nice car. As far as I can see, it has none of the little tell-tales of an amateurish/low budget resto we often see. It looks like just what the factory would have produced on the best day they ever had. Not over restored, no bondo bulges, No fancy stuff, just a perfectly straight, as original, car. I especially like the hood fit. It's as original and perfect as can be.

I'll bet it's just as nice underneath.
          Last edited by jnormanh; 01-17-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Truly "Eye Candy" for us Studebaker folks. And, what an odd photograph! I thought I was looking at a black and white photo at first! Might have something to do with my small laptop. However, it must have been a gray day...silver car...faded pavement, and few bright painted cars in the back ground. I had to study the picture a bit and finally focused on the yellow barricades in the parking lot. Even with the rather "gray" photo...the Hawk beams!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
            X