58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post

Yes, other then the paint details.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Ok thanks guys I have a file photo of a halibrand from a 64 Daytona and they looked different. The fins on my file were flush with the lip. These ones look lower than the lip.
        John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

What's a typical market price for a set of 4 Halibrands like this that are in good shape?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangusta1969 View Post
            What's a typical market price for a set of 4 Halibrands like this that are in good shape?

3 to 5K, I've seen cars sold just to get the wheels.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Ok thanks guys I have a file photo of a halibrand from a 64 Daytona and they looked different. The fins on my file were flush with the lip. These ones look lower than the lip.
              Here's a close up of a beat up, old wheel
              Attached Files
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Is John Myer still taking orders for repros?
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

JDP: I have to agree with 289stude. The pic you posted vs the original pic posted, the 'spokes' look different in the way they meet the outer rim IMHO. Where there different offsets of wheels? Could that cause the 'different look'? stupak

Comment

It looks like the wheel on the truck is a wider width the the original Avanti wheels, which I think were 5" wide at the rim. The truck whell looks like it might be 6" wide.

Comment

They came in 5.5, 6.5, and 7 in widths. The wheels on the white Avanti are likely 6.5 or 7 in wide. Where is the truck wheel you are referring to?

Comment

These are the pics I have on file the spokes are definatly different that on the 63 R4 on eBay. Really like the R4 setup with Hali's on it think I might be a bidder fingers crossed.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                          JDP: I have to agree with 289stude. The pic you posted vs the original pic posted, the 'spokes' look different in the way they meet the outer rim IMHO. Where there different offsets of wheels? Could that cause the 'different look'? stupak
                          Might well be a different offset than the narrow wheels we normally see. They are the real deal, don't know if the judges would pick on the wider offset if that's the difference.
                          When I tried to order my set from Freeman Spicer Studebaker, in late 1964 they sent me to Salay's Speed shop in South Bend to order them, am I'm not even sure which offset I got.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

There is no difference whatsoever on the wheels. Halibrand only made one wheel in this style.

These are the pics I have on file the spokes are definatly different that on the 63 R4 on eBay. Really like the R4 setup with Hali's on it think I might be a bidder fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                              There is no difference whatsoever on the wheels. Halibrand only made one wheel in this style.
                              Halibrand made a few wheels in similar to this. They also made different sizes and bolt patterns of this specific style.

Comment

Working...
                              X