X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 coupe coming home in pieces

Just ignore me-I'm just a tad pissed

Three years ago I did an extensive business website for a buddy of mine
    who is a metal artist and custom car painter, in exchange for a black and white paint job on my '55 coupe ( his idea to do whatever body work it
    needed , which wasn't very much]
    I spent all summer working underneath, fixing whatever was needed and
    tore the car down to a shell, and trucked it 40 miles to his garage two years ago

Last summer I spent all of june sanding and filling on the body [even though he *does it better and faster*], leaving
    only the hood and one front fender to finish for paint, then went and drove my schoolbus for the rest of the summer, with his promise to finish it totally

Before the nationals i went out to his place and found the car- exactly as I left it one year ago except for chevy fenders and some ones bumper piled on top
    Bare metal fender- bare metal hood-- even a piece of 400 paper laying on the roof where i had left it 12 months ago

I am going out tomorrow to bring all the loose pieces home= then looking for a hauler to bring the shell home
    Then taking out a loan to finish the car by next year, since the only reason I made the deal in the first place is because SSI doesn't allow for costly paint jobs

Yeah- before you ask-- his website is going to disappear when the wheels
    of my car hit the grass in my yard

Three years wasted for a half-done primer job

I feel your pain. Had a freind!!! in the body shop/Corvette buissness talk me into trading my 10 year collection of corvette parts for body work and paint on my station wagon. Gave him the parts in June 06 brought him the wagon in June 06 picked up the wagon in June 07 and took it to another shop to begin the paint and body. I will let you guess where my parts are. One place they are not is in his shop. He sold them. SURPRISE

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I feel your pain. Had a freind!!! in the body shop/Corvette buissness talk me into trading my 10 year collection of corvette parts for body work and paint on my station wagon. Gave him the parts in June 06 brought him the wagon in June 06 picked up the wagon in June 07 and took it to another shop to begin the paint and body. I will let you guess where my parts are. One place they are not is in his shop. He sold them. SURPRISE

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

In 30 plus years of doing public work i've learned never to deal with best friends or family.You're gonna lose your friends and separate your family.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

In 30 plus years of doing public work i've learned never to deal with best friends or family.You're gonna lose your friends and separate your family.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

My '57 Golden Hawk was in a friend's restoration shop to be completed in a couple of months. They kept asking for progress payments when no progress was being made. After more than nine (9) years, I sold the incomplete car at a loss just to be rid of the problem.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My '57 Golden Hawk was in a friend's restoration shop to be completed in a couple of months. They kept asking for progress payments when no progress was being made. After more than nine (9) years, I sold the incomplete car at a loss just to be rid of the problem.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X