Grounded AVANTI 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Grounded AVANTI 1964

Good Morning Guys I had great response from folks helping me find a good wire diagram Thanks fo that! Next up...Where the heck do some of those grounds attach. Obviously being "non meta" requires extra gtounds. I did not dis assemble this AVANTII so I am at a loss. First is the very large ground white wire that comes through the firewall. It has a large ring terminla on the end. Where does it attach? Second: running down the left frt inner fender in the are of the volt reg there is another group of grounding ring terminals where do they attach? Third: On the right side inner fender there is a long ground that runs way down front toward the horn. This has a ring terminal on also. Where does it belong??

While I have you reading I may as well stick this in. Where does the front left horn mount? The right front horn is in place(not by me) But the left one has to somehow deal with the battery position.

ALSO.. I need to replace the headlight and parking light three prong plugs. Does anyone have any used ones or can you tell me what I can substitute?

Thanks HAve a great Day

Toby in PA

Can't help with the Avanti specific stuff(I own a Hawk), but for the headlight plugs, go to NAPA, they have them with pigtails. Good luck.

Comment

They go on top of the cases of the parts that are grounded.

Comment

All of my grounds on the drivers side go under the screw for the starter solenoid. The left horn mounts under the tray for the battery. You need a ground for that too that goes to the solenoid.

Comment

The one closest to the firewall goes to the support bracket for the stainless ignition shielding.(close to the throttle bellcrank)
          Along the left inner fender, one ground goes to a starter solenoid mounting screw, and another goes to a voltage regulator mounting screw. Each horn has a ground the goes to the mounting bolts.
          The drivers side horn mounts just aft of the rear most hold down "J-bolt" anchor point. (just forward of the fuel pump).
          Y-n-Z's Yesteryear parts, has reproduced headlight, and turn signal wiring pigtails.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Lookin good guys That'll get me one step closer Thx for the grounding help
            Toby

Comment

Alan, Thanks for the schematic help! Those are great.

Comment

Can anyone answer why the power window diagram above has the relay tied to the voltage reg? That has me puzzeled. In later model vehicles the windowa are just fed by a relay. I would like to understand the concept of the volt reg interface. ALSo where is the location of the window relay in relation to other items under the dash???
                Thx Toby

Comment

The window relay is on the drivers side inner fender panel next to the regulator and starter solenoid. The voltage regulator just keeps the speed of the windows stable, so the speed does not vary.

Comment

Working...
                  X