Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti 1001 December Update & Picture's

The transformation is going well.

Pat Crist was able to deliver the Avanti safely over the mountain pass to Spokane WA Soda Balster, where Don Whisler took care of the green paint.

After soda blasting, Don took it to Advanced Collision in Sunnyside WA where owners Ron & DeAnn are working with their team on the frame, body and paint.
    Their volunteering effort and getting their shop suppliers to donate all paint and materials, was a incredible gift to this project and will bring new luster to this diamond in the rough.

Renee Crist (Museum Collection Manager), Ron & DeAnn Hochhalter, Ron and Vertie Smith

Ron and Vertie Smith are preparing the 2012 Studebaker Can Am Meet that will be held Aug 17-19 in Tacoma WA, just a couple blocks from the new Lemays ACM Museum (Home for Avanti 1001). So make plans to participate in the Can AM Meet and see the incredible new museum with a very historic Studebaker!

The following link shows more info and monthly progress pictures of the 1st production Avanti #1001 restoration.
    Find out why people around the world will be visiting the new museum in Tacoma WA.!

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/page.php?id=425

Thanks,

James Bell
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

Glad to see the 1001 Avanti progressing nicely James, thanks for updating us.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Removing that ugly paint itself is a major improvement! I Look forward to seeing more updates.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If you still have some of that Wonderful green paint on the shop floor , Could you slip some of it in a baggie and send it to me ?
        Then i could point and say to all " It came from that plain ole White Avanti over there " .

Comment

Hello everyone, I thought someone mentioned they visited the car in Spokane when we sent it for Soda Blasting and pickup up some of the green paint granules that had come off the car.
          If anyone has a few chips to share, it would be fun show it on exhibit with the car.
          Please contact me at renee.crist@americascarmuseum.org.
          Renee Crist
          Curator of Collections - LeMay-America's Car Museum
          Studebaker fan

https://www.americascarmuseum.org/avanti-project/

Comment

Working...
          X