What's it worth?? '87 Avanti sport coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth?? '87 Avanti sport coupe

I've been seeing several 87 Avanti's listed for sale recently and they've piqued my interest. Curious what everyone feels one in very good to good condition with 65K miles or less should be worth. I checked NADA and found $9K for low retail, $13K for average and $23K for high retail, but so many here have said that NADA isn't a true value and I couldn't find a price thru Old Car Price Guide on-line for an '87 model Avanti.

Asking price on the 5 or 6 I've seen recently have ranged from $12.5K to $22.5K. Wide range for ones that all seemed to be in the same good original condition. What's everybody say??
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Can't help you on the '87, but here is an '89, w/price.

Not in the league of the values you posted, but priced right for what it is:
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
      Can't help you on the '87, but here is an '89, w/price.

Not in the league of the values you posted, but priced right for what it is:
      http://www.davesplaceinc.com/avanti/avanti.htm
      Dave, I see you still haven't bought the 89 Avanti. Probably because you haven't made up your mind on the wheels for it yet, me thinks!!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        Dave, I see you still haven't bought the 89 Avanti. Probably because you haven't made up your mind on the wheels for it yet, me thinks!!!

Bob
        Well, the original wheels do come with it... and, it's only 1.5 miles up the road from me... but... I don't need it! <G>
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I will preface this by saying that I purchased a 1987 Avanti new. I tend to notice them and follow them.

I have been noticing a lot of them for sale lately, including a convertible that I was in contract to buy when it was new. There are not quite as many for sale as it may seem. Many are repeat listings due to expectations (price) being too high.

There were 166 made for 1987 (164 sold to the public).

Convertibles bring slightly more than coupes. LSCs bring more than either.

Mileage and condition are big players related to price. Everything should be working to even consider one (IMO).

With that said, I believe that $8000 to $15,000 is the proper range for sale price for a clean, low mileage example.
          Last edited by studegary; 01-15-2012, 12:24 PM. Reason: missing l
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X