Stude Wagon in "Warren Buffett's Jewelry Store" Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Wagon in "Warren Buffett's Jewelry Store" Ad

This is "Borsheims Engagement Studebaker Picnic" by Carrie Ratcliff on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

In Omaha. Good casting. They look like a couple of nice kids.
    There are other features of that car that have probably led to many engagements.

I've got the car. Just need the girl to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      Don't be in too much of a rush, buddy. Advice from someone who didn't, and has always regretted it: wait for the best; never sell yourself short.

She's out there and I guarantee she'll show up when you least expect her... more than likely in a Studebaker of her own.

Comment

Originally posted by JGK 940 View Post
        Don't be in too much of a rush, buddy. Advice from someone who didn't, and has always regretted it: wait for the best; never sell yourself short.

She's out there and I guarantee she'll show up when you least expect her... more than likely in a Studebaker of her own.
        That's the goal. I've watched what seems like half of my high school graduating class get married and start a family over the last 3 years. Glad that I'm just playing around with cars..

Comment

Don't rush into it. Cathy and I met because we were both driving Studebakers.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's the goal. I've watched what seems like half of my high school graduating class get married and start a family over the last 3 years. Glad that I'm just playing around with cars..
            Get a pre-nup, and do a credit check, or someone else might be driving your Studs.

Comment

Matthew, 1/2 of those in your class will be divorced by the time they are 35, or younger. i married the 1st time at 20. worst mistake in my life!!! at least there were no children in the 7 years...

my 21 year old daughter has a bf right now, and he's a nice guy, and into cars. if she wasn't involved, i'd try to get y'all talking on fb or something - you seem to be such a fine young man!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0284.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1671744

take your time. it will happen when you least expect it!

sorry if i went a bit "off topic". nice car!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Corvanti; 01-14-2012, 04:25 PM. Reason: OT
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Frank or Denny do you know the car?

Comment

I had the same kind of scenario played out in a '70 Kingswood wagon, lol.
                  I'm currently in the 30th year of my life sentence......

Comment

Looks like some mag type wheels hidden in the taller grass. Non member/member?
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

LOL! Kerry, Matthews into mid-50s sedans. There's no way he'd be interested in that good-lookin' daughter of yours! If only I were a few decades younger. I had to try twice to get the right one. Wasn't expecting it - it just happened. There's no way I'd trade my 30 years with her for any barnful of NOS Studes.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wait a darned minute!...Run that video again...what's going on here? I see a blanket, pillow, and linen in the back of that wagon. The two spread the blanket on the ground, share drinks, and embrace. The last thing we see is him carrying her away through the tall grass...leaving the car behind!

Is he disposing the body???
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Kerry, I know you're right. I don't see the need to rush into anything like that. And hey, if your daughter ends up single...

Not sure how my liking of sedans would pertain to my taste in girls.. I like the pretty Studes too. As long as it has a bench seat.

She and I are anything but compatible but, she's still pretty cool to have around. And she did a nice job of keeping me sane during Tom Elliott's funeral, which is when this was shot.
                          Last edited by mbstude; 01-15-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Well, Matthew, the next time it posts, I hope the sig pic of your '57 Broadmoor doesn't remain over most of her face! <GGG>

(Why does that happen, anyway?) BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think the "moral" of the Borsheim's story here is that one of their diamonds and a Studebaker will get you 'way farther than the Studebaker alone. We could debate that all day. I bought my wife a nice ring one time, but then she'd just won an SCCA national championship. Had her name on it.

I reckon Matt's got the smoothest pick-up technique yet devised: get a whole bunch of guys from your dad's age up to your granddad's age all thinking you're indispensable and an Ace Dude, and sooner or later some of them will turn out to have daughters. Not fast, but effective as all get-out.

Comment

Working...
                              X