Stude dog dish on brand X wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Stude dog dish on brand X wheels

Sometime back someone asked about how the dog dish caps were attached on the Saturday night special. Here's one method. Get the right circle and spacing from Stude wheel, then drill 4 overlapping holes with a 1/4" drill bit, gettin the length of the slot right. A little filing and you got it.

Here's another shot.

I have used another method, that I will post when I have a front wheel off, later

Clean and neat work! I am just a klutz at drilling holes.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

What are the clips used. Are they available from Studebaker International or other vendor? If you can show it, what is your other method.

Thanks
      Norm

Comment

Originally posted by over50 View Post
        What are the clips used. Are they available from Studebaker International or other vendor? If you can show it, what is your other method. Thanks. Norm
        Yes, Norm; those clips are available from Studebaker International.

Part #526646: $2.95 each.

Or order #526646X12 and get 12 of them for$29.95. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Norm, The clips used are standard Studebaker Part # 526646. They fit 47-55 car and I think 41-early sixties truck. Used ones are better than new if possible. I will try and post the other method soon.

Comment

What brand are those 'Brand X" wheels?

Comment

Working...
            X