Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Jackets, Etc..... (Let's See Them!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Jackets, Etc..... (Let's See Them!)

I saw this on Ebay.... Brought my high school days to mind (and a few years later)....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-STUDEBAKER-YELLOW-JACKET-MEDIUM-SIZE-/230728829388?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item35b88289cc

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude Jacket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1734574

(reminded me of my old high school Stude jacket, and how it changed my life letting others wear it)
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I think one of the best Studebaker coats that I've seen is Matts dealership shop coat.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

And it reminded me of how important it is to make sure it is always displayed properly...
      (especially when a camera is around).

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as attractive as Jeff's model.

I'll be sporting the coat in York.

Comment

I wish I were better at posting pics, but I have a black Dickies work coat that used to have a construction company logo embroidered on it. I got one of those white with red stitching "Studebaker trucks" patches with the back of a C-cab in the center. I just ironed it on, then whip stitched the outer edge with red thread and a hand needle....done deal, now I have a Stude trucks jacket.

Comment

Love that the ebay ad says: This is the real deal! Real as opposed to what? Heck, I've got Granatelli's baseball cap that he wore to Bonneville in '63. Even has his name on it - or WILL, once the wife gets done puttin' it there.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A jacket my daughter had made for me around 1980. It was almost the same color as my 1964 Daytona Convertible.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is an original Studebaker coat that was worn by a Studebaker employee in the factory. I have full documentation on the employee such as tax returns, bill of sales for Studebaker's he bought at a discount etc.
                Attached Files

Comment

Now, how in the heck am I supposed to get any work done?

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  I saw this on Ebay.... Brought my high school days to mind (and a few years later)....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-STUDEBAKER-YELLOW-JACKET-MEDIUM-SIZE-/230728829388?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item35b88289cc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13295[/ATTACH]

(reminded me of my old high school Stude jacket, and how it changed my life letting others wear it)
                  Jeff
                  Jamie McLeod
                  Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                  1958 Commander "Christine"
                  1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                  1955 Commander Sedan
                  1964 Champ
                  1960 Lark

Comment

I think we should talk about shorts ! <g>
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      Love that the ebay ad says: This is the real deal! Real as opposed to what? Heck, I've got Granatelli's baseball cap that he wore to Bonneville in '63. Even has his name on it - or WILL, once the wife gets done puttin' it there.
                      Well, seeing as how the W. T. Grant's stores have been closed since the 70's, I'd say that means it is not a newer jacket with bogus "vintage" patches sewn on. Wonder if it used to belong to Lionel Stone? One of his jackets showed up here after it was sold.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Not even close to Jeff's, but I think this will at least qualify for the thread.

The Kart Hauler was invited to the 2009 Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona to participate in the "Twice in a Lifetime" exhibit. This was a collection of cars that had been exhibited at the GNRS in the past. No judging in this exhibit, but we all got tow money to get our cars there and this jacket.

"Class of 1959" refers to the initial showing of the Kart Hauler at the GNRS (then the Oakland Roadster Show...or National Roadster Show)
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

That is WAY cool, Dick!

Jeff

Comment

Speaking of shop coats, did anyone see the add for vintage style Studebaker shop coats in the January Turning Wheels?

Comment

Here's Stu Chapman explaining our route during the September 2011 Hamilton Chapter plant "muster"; the red jacket is his original 1966 Studebaker Canada rally team jacket. ('Twould be cool to find or recreate the '65 or '66 rally Commander...)

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X