intake manifold casting/part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake manifold casting/part number

Is the casting number on an intake manifold the same as its part number? Ken,Deltaville, Va

No, most castings have casting numbers, the part number is the machined, finished piece.

Stude. V-8 Intakes are sooo easy to I.D. I never need to look at the numbers.

(1) High rise 2 Brl. Intake '51-'58
    (2) Low rise 2 brl. Intake '59-'64 these have the 4 Brl. surface cast in and partially machined for the wide spaced AFB bolt pattern.
    (3) WCFB 4 Barrel Intake square bore Carb. mounting surface
    (4) AFB 4 Brl. Intake with wide pattern AFB mounting surface & large secondaries

Sure there are a few variations but they are just minor fitments like the different height choke heater tubes for the Low Choke 2 Brl. Carb. the High Choke 2 Brl. Carb. the rear draft WW 2 brl. the Trucks with no Coil Mounting holes or threads.
    Most of these can easily be modified to work with the wrong Carb.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This may have been asked before, but I never really understood what the slots between the throttle bores on the R-2 (R-1?) intakes were for---and can the manifolds be interchanged without really effecting performance?

Comment

Bump
        Same question

Comment

Ask Jim Pepper...
          We had a spirited conversation about the slots, why they were there, or not there, and what models had them.

He has the knowledge you seek.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Found the answer here!

Scroll down to intake manifolds.
            This site is fantastic for getting answers on all Studebaker related questions.
            If you Google "Studebaker AFB intake manifold slots" you will find the above link.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

How are you feeling, Bob?

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
              Found the answer here!

Scroll down to intake manifolds.
              This site is fantastic for getting answers on all Studebaker related questions.
              If you Google "Studebaker AFB intake manifold slots" you will find the above link.

Robert Kapteyn
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                How are you feeling, Bob?
                My bypass surgery has been rescheduled because my doctor thinks I am too old.
                He has scheduled robotic surgery at University of Chicago hospital .
                Thanks for asking.
                I found some interesting Avanti restoration videos.
                It shows he is using the incorrect intake manifold gasket on the passenger side.
                and the drivers side gasket should be on the passenger side.
                The video title says 1964 but it is a 1963 with the long battery.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How many mistakes can others find in this video?
                Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                X