Were Climatizers available in RHC vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were Climatizers available in RHC vehicles

Were RHC Climatizers available? One of the Aussie vendors suggested it would be a way of having a heater after the Airconditioning unit was installed, as the Smiths brand heater was attached to the firewall right where the Evaporator will go.

Ian Mackellar says he may have the parts so one can be modified (is away for 2 weeks) and I said I would ask the Americans for information.

Any thoughts???
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    Were RHC Climatizers available? One of the Aussie vendors suggested it would be a way of having a heater after the Airconditioning unit was installed, as the Smiths brand heater was attached to the firewall right where the Evaporator will go.

Ian Mackellar says he may have the parts so one can be modified (is away for 2 weeks) and I said I would ask the Americans for information.

Any thoughts???
    The factory "Climatizer" in the RHD '64 GT I brought back from England was an under dash recirculating unit. I don't know whether that was true for non-GT cars, but it wasn't feasible to put the frsh air type heater in Hawks.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The 59-64 Hawk/Lark body parts book lists the same heater for all models, but also lists an additional adapter kiit for RHC models. The Avanti parts book does not have a comparable listing.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks guys that must be what we're looking for. Am offline for a bit as my PC is ill, back soon.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
        X