52 hardtop, dialing up the HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 hardtop, dialing up the HP

You'd think if if took 13 years to get the thing running, I might want to enjoy it for a while. Well, winter is here, so it was just sitting anyway. This summer was fun, put a few hundred miles on the 52 and went to a few car shows. It steers, it stops, it doesn't overheat.
    The picture shows what I got done today. The leaky stock 454 is out. Took a 2nd job this fall and I saved some money to build the real motor. I think about 450 horse will do...
    Actually it was very interesting to see if this monster I put together would also come apart. Not so bad really, although there definitely is an order that must be followed. Plus I'd like to have a little talk with the folks that make Aluminum radiators...no petcock! What a freaking mess that makes. That will be first order of business, adding one.
    So hopefully this will be built and back together for spring, Im shooting for the South bend swap meet.
    Attached Files

Looks like a hospital operating room in there....
    Good work!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yea, I have everything except the machine that goes 'ping!'....

Comment

I'm jealous,
        Got engine pics ?
        Did you keep your two piece drive shaft ?
        I tubbed my car too and did away with the two piece shaft and I'm kinda wishing I had kept it.
        It made the hump in my floor just high enough to mess with my front seat.

Good job Dan!
        Look forward to seeing it with a big cloud of smoke coming out the back.
        (tire smoke that is)

Dean.

Comment

A few updates ...
          Attached Files

Comment

Dean, I did indeed go to a one piece drivershaft some time ago. Different drivetrain, so went with a conventional one piece.
            The new tunnel came out nice. I had to put in new floors anyway so it wasn't that much more work to do it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
              A few updates ...
              Dang kids and their big HP motors.

Dan, I know you'll put it together well and hopefully you'll be making smoke in short order.

Too bad it's not ready with the "winter" we are currently having.

Still an great car with too few posts.

Bob

Comment

Someday I hope to see this car up close. You do nice work.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

Too bad it's not ready with the "winter" we are currently having.

Bob
                  Tell me about it! Who knew it would be 80 degrees on march 15th? Still hoping to make the SB swap meet, but if not it will be at the Intl meet for sure.

Comment

Dean, I did indeed go to a one piece drivershaft some time ago. Different drivetrain, so went with a conventional one piece.
                    The new tunnel came out nice. I had to put in new floors anyway so it wasn't that much more work to do it.
                    Your floors came out sweet Dan and it looks as if your new tunnell is about the same height as mine but I want to keep mt bench seat and there will be some alterations to the pivot point at the bottom center of the seat.

Cant wait to hear she's up and running again.

Dean.

Comment

Took the day off today and had a bunch of fun in the garage.
                      Gettin there.
                      Attached Files

Comment

More. Had it running on Friday! Hoefully broke in the cam. Now it's back apart for bolt re-torque and re-install of the inner valve springs.
                        Sounded goooooood though.
                        I did hope to see you all in South Bend this weekend. But i have to work out of town rest of week plus a daughter at prom Saturday. Not going to make it. Won't miss the Int'l meet though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Now it's back apart for
                          re-install of the inner valve springs.
                          Is this just for break-in purposes of the cam....are you running big spring pressure? Betcha you`re itchin to take it out on the streets huh? Have fun, keep us updated. Regards, Junior
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

To: Michidan,-----The floors, the engine installation........really nice workmanship! Great car!

Comment

That should give you a little thumpety thump. Better than the 232 or Champ 6 that would have been in that car originally...
                              Me likes the HP.

Comment

Working...
                              X