Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk 53 ck grille surround

Guys,
    is this a throwaway or possible sale item? $50.00/less or am I just thinking wrong that it might actually have some value. Bob S.
    53 commander ht in high school, now 53 ht champion in old age (66). I like my Stude.
    Attached Files

With the new chrome paint process, that could be ground down, Bondo'd up, and paint/chromed..
    Don't toss it....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I Vote Junk!
      Sorry, but some things are just no worth the cost and effort to fix.
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Yeah...toss 'em...
        Nobody will ever want those old things.....
        (Now read this 25 years from now)
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The last three I had plated looked very similar to that, mail it to me. Allen

Comment

Anything can be resurrected with enough money. On the other hand, many folks are putting these cars back on the road with grill parts that are painted rather than chromed. This one could lend itself to paint, saving a more intact example for proper plating.
            All you can do is offer it and see. $50 might be a stretch. Perhaps Ebay it with your $50 BIN, opening bid $2 and no reserve. If no one bites, it's in your way and taking up space.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

try and sell it, if even for only a couple bucks. I had a guy drive 3 hours to pick up a rusty upper valance, and a paper thin lower valance for a 53, because they were so hard to find, and he didn't even balk at the price- 50 bucks for the 2, and 50 bucks for a spare front bumper off my 55. He was also drooling over my hood, which is a reinforced and patched hood off of a bonneville car,at $400. All of these parts would be considered junk 10 years ago, and barely survived the forced purge of my property. The hood is in use now, until i can paint and replace it with my uncut original.
              they just keep following me home

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                Anything can be resurrected with enough money. On the other hand, many folks are putting these cars back on the road with grill parts that are painted rather than chromed. This one could lend itself to paint, saving a more intact example for proper plating.
                All you can do is offer it and see. $50 might be a stretch. Perhaps Ebay it with your $50 BIN, opening bid $2 and no reserve. If no one bites, it's in your way and taking up space.
                Rockne,
                I am going with you suggestion. $50 BIN, opening bid $2
                , no reserve ebay.
                Thanks, to all. Will let you know what happens & I am curious myself.
                Bob

Comment

Guess I should go out to my junk bin and offer up some of the pieces I catagorize as "Too Expensive to Restore"
                  Send Money!
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                  X