Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen the ad for this Lark convertible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen the ad for this Lark convertible?

It seems to still have the top, but looks rough. I wonder what it's worth as is?
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Hmm... need more info on it, but if it's not completely gone underneath it's comfortably worth what he's asking. And, you might be able to go with a trailer and 15 or 20 hundred dollar bills and bring 'er home.

Given what it is and what we can see combined with the asking price, it's well worth further investigation.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Surely looks like a 61 Regal, and not a 62 as stated. But lots of folks confuse the years, or have no paperwork.
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Yep. It's got the 59-61 tail lights.
        Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
        Surely looks like a 61 Regal, and not a 62 as stated. But lots of folks confuse the years, or have no paperwork.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Definitely a '61. Telltale is the side molding that purposely does not follow the body line.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'd like to have one but not in that shape.

Any guesses on the hole cut in the rear fender? Odd fuel tank filler,
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

It is a nice 1961. It is even done up in the brochure color scheme. Performability!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                I'd like to have one but not in that shape.

Any guesses on the hole cut in the rear fender? Odd fuel tank filler,
                ChopStu: Are you sure that's a hole cut in the rear fender? Might it be where an amateur masked off a section of the fender they were "fixing" and left it in dark primer?

Nonetheless, a Flamingo 1961 Lark V8 convertible has got to be one of the most desirable cars in the 1961 line. I wish it was closer for a peek. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  ChopStu: Are you sure that's a hole cut in the rear fender? Might it be where an amateur masked off a section of the fender they were "fixing" and left it in dark primer?

Nonetheless, a Flamingo 1961 Lark V8 convertible has got to be one of the most desirable cars in the 1961 line. I wish it was closer for a peek. BP
                  Bob it may well be a masked off section, I've been browesing the forum and links with an iPod touch, I'll have to check that out on a larger screen .
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                    Bob it may well be a masked off section, I've been browesing the forum and links with an iPod touch, I'll have to check that out on a larger screen .
                    Right-O, Kevin; please let us know. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                    X