PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth?

satdoc2
01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/satdoc/DSC00729-1.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/satdoc/SonyCameraMemoryCard9-4-10008.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/satdoc/SonyCameraMemoryCard9-4-10018.jpg
I have had this Avanti (63R1249) for about 5 years. It had set outside for a while beforehand. R2 Motor is locked. R2 carburater. Has powershift transmission. Rear window gone. Seats not torn with foam still soft. Padded dash bad shape. Underside nice condition. Good hogs troughs. 160 mph speedometer. Chrome around gages pitted. Steering wheel bend from crash, bad condition. What is it worth?
Allen

kmac530
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Allen,
Isn't an R2 motor normally supercharged? {only asking cause Im still learning here}
There is still alot of good stuff on that car, I am sure it has some value to someone.
In this market nowdays something is only "worth" what someone will pay for it. Try putting it on Ebay with a reserve of what the lowest amount you will accept, of course include the Ebay fees.

BTW, hello my Brother, I have not seen you in a while. Good to see you.

satdoc2
01-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes Brother, this is a supercharged motor. The Paxton blower was removed before I got the car.
Allen

StudeMichael
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
How do you have 1008 posts and have only been a member since September 2011 Kmac?

rockne10
01-04-2012, 09:57 PM
How do you have 1008 posts and have only been a member since September 2011 Kmac?
Kelly is a fast typist!

whacker
01-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, I can see remnants of the supercharger mount on the side in both pictures. WAG on value? About $2000. Worth maybe twice that in parts. My opinion, and worth what you paid for it.

Warren Webb
01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Its worth more parted out than even trying to restore to any condition above its present one. As JDP is so well known for his expression "there's nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti". That applies to whole ones! I'm looking for the l/r outer bumper bracket that I seem to have lost in the move here. If you do part it out let me know.

kmac530
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM

HAHAHA....
A few reasons.
1) I have never owned a Stude before and bought a '49 barn find that was in need everything, so I have had ALOT of questions.
2) I can only work an hour or 2 per day before I have to sit back on the couch after a spinal fusion surgery in Feb. 2011. Still recovering.
3) Im bored from a year and a half of sitting on said couch since my orginal injury and just like the site.
4) Warren can attest, my family talks ALOT in person, apparently I do online as well....sorry.

I have been trying to slow down lately and work on my truck more, but that cost alot of pain in the long run. Sitting on my recliner couch with my lap top and a neck collar pillow is relaxing. So I do too much of it I guess. I have fun here. I try to make people laugh a little. I laugh at others a little. I learn alot. I try to share the few things I do know.

Satdoc2,
I agree with the parting out ideas. You could make alot more in parts, but there will be a cost to you in time. You will have to remove the part someone needs, then package it, the take it to the PO or UPS/FedEx and ship it. But the income reward will be higher if you have the time to do this. I know you are so busy with congregational matters and even wanting to thin your collection, so this may be impractical.
If you have a young family/friend who would like to learn about cars, you could have him strip the car and do the Ebay, CL...adds, and shipping and split the profits with you. That would take very little time just supervising his disassembly. Maybe a young pioneer who needs a little extra income and can work evenings. Just a thought.

sweetolbob
01-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Posted by kmac530
<snip>I have been trying to slow down lately and work on my truck more, but that cost alot of pain in the long run. Sitting on my recliner couch with my lap top and a neck collar pillow is relaxing. So I do too much of it I guess. I have fun here. I try to make people laugh a little. I laugh at others a little. I learn alot. I try to share the few things I do know.

kmac, Not to get to far OT here but I'm not aware of a limit on number of posts. Your posts certainly haven't seemed to raise any animus with the forum and because my son is recovering from a similar surgery, I can understand your need to interact.

I'm not a moderator nor can I speak for any other member of the forum but from here, Post away.

Bob

satdoc2
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Good suggestions kmac. I can understand your situation with not being able to do a lot of things we want to do. My but hurts from having to sit so much in my recliner. I have also had surgery on 7 verebrae in my spine due to compression fractures from the effects of Multiple Myeloma. I am not supposed to lift over 20 pounds which limits my mechanic work. I need to start getting rid of certain things to make it easier on my wife and family while I still can. Time and unforeseen occurances befall us all. So I want to try to make sure of the more important things. I feel certain that you and I will still be on this earrth for a long time. I enjoy all your posts!
Allen

G T Joe
01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey Bob , I really enjoy your posts or say your feed back to the whys and ways of the the Stude world we live in, whats great about the forum you really can go 24-7 its like we have one huge stude meet that never ends!!!!

Bob Andrews
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks, Joe, and you're right, we do have fun! Of course, in person is that much better. Hope to see you in York!

starliner62
01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
:cool:Now, there's my project!!!:cool:

Bob Andrews
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Wow, Jamie, that one would make you officially ambitious!:)

About a year or so ago my friend John Batka (289Stude) sold two partial Avantis he had. Maybe he can steer you to one of those?

kmac530
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Allen,
Make sure you check your PMs, since I got deleted here, I sent you some personal notes.

kmac530
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM

In all honesty I dont think it is that ambitious. It needs the frame pulled, but any decent frame shope could pull that in a couple of hours. That is only a few hundred bucks. The hog troughs are good, you could spend more than a couple hundred bucks just doing those on some other car. Then it is just the front clip.
On almost any restoration or rebuild you will do all of the suspension and the motor anyway. So other than the SC missing, expensive, alot of the interior is good, dash and stuff, not neccesarily anymore work than a rust east coast car.

Alot of work....YES. Doable....YES. Go for it Starliner...post pics. ;)