41 stude m5 headlight gasket ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 stude m5 headlight gasket ????

I'm puting a 41 m5 back together .It was all apart when purchased. I don't know if there were gaskets in between the headlight main housing and the fender. not the bucket mind you, I have those gaskets .I have finished paint and ready to bolt them on .I just dont know for sure about gaskets there .Dont want to damage the paint ....Any Help????
    Attached Files

Weren't any. I'm liking that shaved hood, John. Welcome to the forum and, PLEASE!! Honor us with more pictures!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome;glad you found us over here. And yes we would like to see more pictures of your truck.
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

thanks fot the intrest in my build project guy's I'll post away.I also need a 41 m searies headlight doors .Any help will be gratfull.I have searched every where but hear .I hope someone can help me find them
        Attached Files
        Last edited by john mullen; 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: text addition

Comment

sorry , bad photo ..hear is one better
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell us more about the suspension on your truck? Are you running air bags? I like the sprint car hubs. Can't help you with the parts you are looking for, but if you don't get a answer here try the Studebaker truck forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/viewall-page-1

Comment

John, check your PM's

Comment

OK, Well I started out with this build with a s10 frame . I shortened it to 115 inch wb. I added c notches and 3 link set up on air bags. I'm using a QC rear from one of my old Stock Cars. I fabed /altered the front upper /lower A arms to take late model stock car spindles and wide five hubs (old parts just layin around) The cab and front end has been cut up everywhere (choped top,choped hood, Altered front fenders, 2 inchs removed from front fenders to hood panel ,chaneled 5 inch's,fire wall recesed, nose tilted down 5 degrees, modified dash using a nascas theam,. To sum it up It's a build that includes all my old stuff just laying around + parts given to me by friends. I mite as well do something with it .It has a hopped up 302 ford engine w 5 speed, A fuel cell (more old parts). A combination of all the cars I loved throuhgt my life ,Hot Rods, Street Rods, Race Cars, Customs, all the old parts going to waste. Its turning out to be quite a truck even if I do say so myself . I'm glad you guys like it too thanks for the digits...
                Originally posted by TDITS View Post
                Can you tell us more about the suspension on your truck? Are you running air bags? I like the sprint car hubs. Can't help you with the parts you are looking for, but if you don't get a answer here try the Studebaker truck forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/viewall-page-1
                Attached Files

Comment

pic's

hears more pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

After reading some of the post hear I see that a lot of you are for the lack of a better word( Purist )... I also have a purist heart .I apologys for the chopped up studebaker truck in my post. this truck was missing so many parts that it was a candadate for a custom build .When I got it it was a cab and front end ,no chassis ,no glass ,rusted out everywhere ...It would cost a forution to have restored it .....Ok.....I just thought you all might wan't to know why I cut it up....I hade to make a bed for it and used 51 chevy truck fenders
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by john mullen; 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

Quote: A combination of all the cars I loved throuhgt my life ,Hot Rods, Street Rods, Race Cars, Customs, all the old parts going to waste. Its turning out to be quite a truck even if I do say so myself . I'm glad you guys like it too thanks for the digits...

You should be proud to "say so yourself".!!!
                      That truck is crazy cool and if someone gets pissy because you did not leave it OE....laugh at them. There are PURIST here for sure, and good thing there is, but a there is also a healthy custom faction as well, from mild to wild, custom wheels to race cars, bout everything you could imagine. And most are quite polite either way. You will get alot of "love" here for that truck. Love the picks.

Comment

John, it's a shame you feel you need to apologize for your truck. You already know how I feel about it.
                        It's also a shame more people didn't welcome you to the forum.

Glad you found the parts you were looking for.

Hope you drive the wheels off the thing.

Comment

Fantastic truck! It sits JUST right!! Keep the progress updates coming.

I'm not sure what you mean by "headlight door". Can you be more specific. The headlight parts for all M series trucks (1941-1948) are the same (including the non pickup big trucks).
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

John ,the more I see of your truck,the more I drool....damn the purists,that truck is Killer,with a Kapital K
                            1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
                            Studebaker Drivers Club Member
                            Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
                            Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                              Fantastic truck! It sits JUST right!! Keep the progress updates coming.

I'm not sure what you mean by "headlight door". Can you be more specific. The headlight parts for all M series trucks (1941-1948) are the same (including the non pickup big trucks).
                              Excellent encouragement from Dick and I agree! Welcome to the forum and I hope you become an active SDC member.

As far as gaskets (to your initial question)...remember, any production vehicle was originally manufactured with cost vs profit in mind. When you are rebuilding one and see an opportunity to improve on something the original manufacturer failed to do...go for it. I have added gaskets to hood ornaments, reenforced brackets, and made other unseen improvements. Why simply remake one when you can remake it better?
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X