Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part ID on '40 Commander

sigpic

Those are after-market helper springs. Probably to address a sagging transverse spring!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Those are after-market helper springs. Probably to address a sagging transverse spring!
      Thank you. That surprises me knowing the car has been stored since 1960 and only has 46XXX miles on it that the traverse spring would have required a repair. What do you think is our best option. To repair the after market helper or to remove the traverse spring and have it repaired. (Which I really don't want to do.)
      sigpic

Comment

Well, by the 1960 it had been sitting on that spring for 20 years. Wouldn't matter that much if it didn't have alot of miles, so long as the weight was trying to flatten that spring out. I"d be suspect about trying to weld a spring, so I'd be wanting to have the factory spring re-arched.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks! That is what I said in his other thread on this part.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I only look at this one forum. Too much time to cover them all!

Comment

I only look at this one forum. Too much time to cover them all!
              I wasn't being critical. I was just pointing out that we agreed on the item.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X