Studebaker Dealer Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Dealer Info

Does anyone have any info on a dealership owned and operated by Joe Hubbs, in Los Angeles and Rialto, CA? This was my grandfather, and I am trying to find out where his dealers were located and also see if any dealer license frames are out there with his name. I have recently purchased a 1940 Commander. His dealerships existed in the late 1930's- early 40's.

Hi Brad, and good luck in your search for information. Many of our members here tend to be postwar Stude-o-philes. That's not to say that no one here has knowledge of prewar operations - they very well may!

You might also try the fellows at the Antique Studebaker Club - perhaps their LA Chapter members have some information on your grand-dad's dealership.

Cheers, and welcome!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Brad,
      I have my grandfathers Golden Hawk with his frame on the front. It definitely adds to the family experience of owning the car. If you can't find a frame, you can have one made at www.licenseplates.tv

I had them make a set of orang/black letter plates with my current license number. They also custom make frames. If you do find an original, don't worry about condition. My grandfathers frame was pitted and nasty. I took it to Sherm's plating in Sacramento. It came back like new. I had to paint the background color behind the lettering. It was easy with some artists brushes I bought at Michaels.

You can also search vintage license plate frames on ebay. There are quite a few on there, you may get lucky.

Kirk
      My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
      Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
      My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: Since 1970 and counting!

Comment

Working...
      X