PDA

View Full Version : Event Registration

johnod
12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
What is the event regestration for?
Is it to enter a car in something for judging,or???

thanks

dynolou2
12-31-2011, 11:52 PM
If you want to have your car judged, or attend the seminars,if you want to go on some of the tours ,attend the awards dinner. It helps the chapter/s that are putting on this event pay for many things including the packet you receive at registration, the rent for the fairgrounds, swapmeet area, trophys and the million and one things you don't see. DON'T be a CASO, a lot of people will put in a lot of time and effort to put this on, they DON'T get paid for that!!! Lou Cote

johnod
01-01-2012, 12:45 AM
If you want to have your car judged, or attend the seminars,if you want to go on some of the tours ,attend the awards dinner. It helps the chapter/s that are putting on this event pay for many things including the packet you receive at registration, the rent for the fairgrounds, swapmeet area, trophys and the million and one things you don't see. DON'T be a CASO, a lot of people will put in a lot of time and effort to put this on, they DON'T get paid for that!!! Lou Cote

Thats fair enough, just didn't know what it was for.
thanks.

Samjoe
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Got a new question. Last week me and my wife did the on-line registration. Website said there would be a confirming email, so far I haven't recieved one.
Also the charges haven't went through on the card. Who would I contact to see if we are really registered?

Welcome
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Got a new question. Last week me and my wife did the on-line registration. Website said there would be a confirming email, so far I haven't recieved one.
Also the charges haven't went through on the card. Who would I contact to see if we are really registered?

Oh no, you mean it's happening already?!?! :rolleyes:

You would contact Cornerstone Registrations, LTD. ...or ...just email the SDC WebMaster right here ...because the same people you registered for the IM with now control this SDC Website as well!!!

mlepay
01-10-2012, 06:33 AM
I have also put in a follow up question to Cornerstone and will let you know what I hear back.

mlepay
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Cornerstone has indicated they wil be sending out a new confiormation. Please let me know if you receive it or not.

Welcome
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Samjoe, perhaps we both jumped the gun a bit on Cornerstone Registration Ltd. in our Posts # 4 and # 5 above.

As you probably know our Studebaker Drivers Club Board of Directors last summer hired a company by the name of Cornerstone Registrations, Ltd. to be the registration company for the 2012 International Meet.

CRL’s responsibilities as defined in the SDC International Meet Policy does NOT require them to send a "confirming email" to Meet Registrants, like you & me!

However, it does require Cornerstone Registrations Ltd. to quote: "Provide a confirmation letter to registrants including a list of activities that are paid, a map to the meet site and a listing of email addresses and phone numbers for securing information."

So hopefully Samjoe, you’ll be receiving your confirmation letter, map & other info due you through the mail within a reasonable length of time.;)

Samjoe
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Got my confirming email today, now I know I'm official.
Thank you everyone for the help.
Now to book the train tickets and I'm set.

njonkman
04-01-2012, 06:40 PM
A dumb question. Do I have to register my wife separate from my registration. In other words do we have to pay for two registrations or just one?
Thanks, Nick

glen
04-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Nick,

Never a "dumb" question! Short and simple: No! your wife is part of your reregistration, as an immediate family member. :cool:

wheelsm
05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
The reason it takes so much time to send out a confirmation is because we have to manually key the credit card charges into the credit card terminal provided by the SDC. We don't send out an e-mail or snail-mail confirmation until the credit card has been successfully processed. We don't process credit cards each day; we wait until we have at least 5 or so cards to process so we can do them in a batch. It's ridiculous and time-consuming to do only one credit card as they come in.

If the SDC had an on-line merchant account, our server could process credit cards in "real-time" so that confirmations can be sent out within minutes of a registration being received. However, they felt the processing fees from the credit card companies was too high for on-line accounts. So, we are stuck doing it the slow, manual way.