63 Avanti R2 hood clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti R2 hood clearance

I'm about to cut out an SI hood insulator for the 63 R2 Avanti and would like to know the clearance between the top of the bonnet and the inside bottom of the hood immediately above the bonnet. Does the area above the bonnet have to be cutout? Ken, Deltaville, Va

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
    I'm about to cut out an SI hood insulator for the 63 R2 Avanti and would like to know the clearance between the top of the bonnet and the inside bottom of the hood immediately above the bonnet. Does the area above the bonnet have to be cutout? Ken, Deltaville, Va
    Ken

Every one will be different based on quality of mounts etc. Just make a small column of modeling clay or similar material and close the hood on it. You can guarantee that it will stick to the air cleaner by taping a piece of wax paper to the hood.

Bob

Comment

[QUOTE=sweetolbob;607268]Ken

Every one will be different based on quality of mounts etc. Just make a small column of modeling clay or similar material and close the hood on it. You can guarantee that it will stick to the air cleaner by taping a piece of wax paper to the hood.

Bob[/QUOTE

Do not have motor in car yet, what I'm trying to figure out is if I need to paint the underside of the hood in the area where the bonnet will possibly press against the hood and the underside of the hood is in bad shape in terms of preparing it for paint. Low profile motor mounts will be used.

Comment

If you do not know, check the front Engine Mounts to be sure they are the short R3 Only Mounts.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          If you do not know, check the front Engine Mounts to be sure they are the short R3 Only Mounts.
          Have not ordered motor mounts yet, are the ones you refer to the same, or as low, as the SI low profile mounts, as that's what is on my list of parts yet to get. Ken

Comment

Sorry Ken unless I ASSUME they are the same as mine, I can't be sure because my source is different.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Oh, haystacks; sources are like horses: coy, devious, run away from trouble...
              JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
              X